Missouri River near KC

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Missouri River near KC

Postby Webfoot12 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:25 am

Does anyone hunt on the Missouri River Near KC or north of the city?

I'm looking towards opening day in the north. Last year I went to Nodaway Valley CA. 45 Parties showed up for 11 open positions and they did not have that many ducks ta-boot.

If anyone else knows of some public land near there thats worth looking into let me know.

Thanks
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:52 pm

Ya I hunt the Missouri river. In fact thats about all I hunt except for maybe 3 or 4 hunts up to the bob brown or squaw creek area. I hunt our farm which is 210-291 area on the north side of the river. Its ok for ducks but it is absolutely incredible for Canadian Geese and is ok for snows. I dont really know of any public land around KC but if you have a boat you can hunt anywhere on the river (ouside the city limits) and as long as you dont get out of the boat onto land. But if you go up north I would strongly recommend looking into Bob Brown, its draw in but if you get in you will get your limit in ducks or geese.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Baltimore Bend

Postby jrnsuz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:34 pm

there's a MDC area east of Dover on 24 Hwy called Baltimore Bend. it's tied to a section of the Big Muddy NWCA that has about 2 miles of river frontage. i haven't seen much for ducks yet, but it was swarming with Canadas last year late season.
jrnsuz
Newb

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting