Teal at 4 Rivers

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Teal at 4 Rivers

Postby hooper » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:28 am

Well, when I got there, no hunters were there. Must have been my first indication that I had wasted my gas. Webfoot told me he heard there were only 300 teal on site. We saw probably about 30 total. The first group that came in, gave us two passes, and we determined our guns must be shooting low or something. It for sure was not our shooting! :laughing: After we decided to pack it up at 6:45, we tore down the blind and were starting to get out of the boat. As I looked up there must have been 20 or so locked up going in to our spread. Of course by the time we got our guns they were on the way out. We ended up getting two, but it was not pretty. I hear it is supposed to cool off next weekend. Maybe there will be more.
hooper
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:31 am

You might try pool 10 or pool 9 in unit 2. I also heard that Muddy Creek in pool 8 is a hot spot. Pool 9 has the disabled blind and parking lot. I would park there and walk straight north and throw out a half dozen dekes.

I would not hunt out of the boat.

Pool 7 has a bunch of millet in it.

Let me know how you do.
Last edited by Webfoot12 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:36 am

Hey webfoot how about some spots on my side of the state. :mrgreen:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:23 pm

Sorry good buddy...

But I hear there is some good waterfowl hunting that side of the state. I was told it was especially good down towards the boot heel.

It is way to convenient to hunt Four Rivers as it is only a 15 min drive to the southern area. It drives my wife nuts. :smile:
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby Internet Scouter » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:02 pm

Hey Webfoot, I am glad your only 15 minutes from the south side of 4-Rivers....Next time why dont you just post some gps coordinates to your favorite spot...You must like hunting with big crowds?????
Scouting reports by internet.....
Internet Scouter
Newb

Postby Webfoot12 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:10 am

Last time I check this was a forum designed to help hunters. You honestly think I would simply shout out my secret spots for the entire world to see????

The areas I talked about are managed, so during the regular season you have to draw into these pools. Teal hunting is very hit and miss.

I despise hunting with big crouds. But, my hunting buddies enjoy hunting four rivers because of the duck numbers and I enjoy hunting with friends. The fact that FR has good duck numbers is not a secret.

Unit Four is very large and open plus the birds rarely do the same thing.

I'm all for helping people have sucess. New waterfowl hunters are the future for this sport. A few bad hunts and they're onto other things. Its easy to get discouraged and totally give up. I on the other hand, had some help when I got into duck hunting. Now I have the capabilities and the resources to give my time and money to help preserve a passion of mine.

You'll never run into me or my hunting spots with the information I've given on this site.

Sorry if I gave up your secret spot. And I seriously doubt that many people actual read and act on the tid bits of info I give here.
Last edited by Webfoot12 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby hooper » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:58 am

That was the nice response from webfoot. Not sure if internet scouter is a expierienced hunter or not, but that sure was not the way to introduce yourself around here.
hooper
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:36 am

Webfoot, even though I personally do not gain from your reports, I appreciate what you add to the forum. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting