Grand Pass

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Grand Pass

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:19 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has ever hunted grandpass before. I normally just put in for Bob Brown and Nodaway, but this year decided to try my luck at Grand Pass also. Anybody ever have any luck there? Also whats the general area like? Or if I do get drawn am I going to be wasting my gas to get there?
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:26 am

KC, my buddy has got a reservation there the past two years. I know he hasn't done any good there. It's probably about a three hour drive from my side of the state too, so that would be pretty miserable.

I hear that it's supposed to be pretty good though, but you know how weather can have a huge effect on success.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:54 am

Grand Pass, during most of the season, sees/holds more birds than most other CA's in the state. It is probably the best in the northern part of the state. I've been to Bob Brown, Nodaway and Eagle Bluffs as well. In the later part of the year before it locks up with ice, there are normally 100,000+ duck on the area. I would certainly hunt there again. But, once it locks up with ice they're gone, probably on the river or moving south.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:38 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:02 pm

Sounds good guys, Thanks for the info.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting