Goose Opening Weekend

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Goose Opening Weekend

Postby KCDuckMaster » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:04 pm

So how did everybody do? I went saturday morning and saw about 4 groups but didnt get anything, so I didnt go Sunday. But saturday afternoon I decided to go and move my blind back out on its spot. I hunt the river and have to move my blind out of there by spring before they release more water and raise the water level and wash away my blind. But Saturday night we got ALOT of rain, some places got 4-5" while my cousin in Leavenworth, KS got 9"!!! Well that was enough to raise the river significantly, and guess what. So I went out to check the blind and sure enough I get to my spot and there is my blind floating in the middle of the backwater pool. Luckly it got stuck in an eddie and didnt float down stream and was gone forever. So I had to swim out in the river and tie a rope onto it and then pull it back to shore. I got it back in but is now going to need some replacement camo. So thats how my opening weekend went, how about everyone elses?
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:59 am

Man that's too bad KC. I'm sure you'll whack some before the seasons over though.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:21 pm

Ya it wont be to bad, at least I used those plastic wire ties to tie on my camo. If I hadn't used those then I would probably be replacing all of it. Pretty much the only thing that happend was it made the camo sag down some so I will just need to replace a little bit on the top edge of the blind. It shouldn't be to bad probably just a day to fix, but it will be ready to go when season opens! And I'm thinking while I'm out there im going to run 3 or 4 of those metal fence posts all the way into the ground then weld on a loop on the end and use a cable to tie it down to the ground. That way I won't ever have that problem again.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:21 am

Sounds like a good idea KC. There's a duck club along the river by my house and they cable all of their's.

I just went out and bought two packs of that northern flight marsh grass last night for my boat blind I'm building. Should be pretty cool when I'm done with it.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting