cool things that you have seen hunting

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

cool things that you have seen hunting

Postby 7grnhds » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:59 pm

the biggest buck that i have ever seen i saw this weekend he was a 180 class typical white tail it was a monster and i saw him at like 10 in the morning we went after him but he just dicipeared so thats that he didnt get that big by being stupid. and the day before i saw a bobcat that was the first time i have see on of them too. any other hunting stories to tell about cool things people have seen.
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:03 pm

While bowhunting last fall, I watched my buddy standing/running 20 yards from 2 330 class bull elk, 1 6x6 and the other an 8x8, that were so engrossed with trying to kill each other in the middle of a meadow,that they never saw him or didnt care. He was trying to shoot the 8x8 and ended up with nothing. But watching those two huge bulls fighting from 30 yards away was totally awsome.
One time back in NH I had a fisher cat climb up into the tree I was bowhunting from. He climbed up to within about 5 feet and growled at me before aI said boo and scared the crap out of it.
phutch30
hunter

Postby marcbme » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:44 pm

I hunt around Zortman every year for the opening weekend of upland bird season. I was walking through a wetland area and came over a rise to come face to face with a HUGE bull elk who was, at the max, 10 feet way. He was bedded down, or he would have been long gone before I ever would have seen him.

I don't know who was more scared, me or him.
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm

A big bull moose crashed through the tules and into a pond I was shooting on a Refuge in Idaho. Came pretty close to the blind.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:37 am

One time I saw something really, really cool. It flew around it the air, it had feathers, and flapped it's wings pretty fast.. I think it was.. Oh yeah, it was a Duck. I almost forgot what a duck was until something on this site reminded me of it... Haven't seen one for so long.
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby phutch30 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:45 pm

I saw a mule deer this past weekend that had antlers like an elk,Points coming off a single beam, and he was still in velvet. I am beginning to think that it was a huge mistake to have passed him up at 150 yards.
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting