missed another good buck today

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

missed another good buck today

Postby 7grnhds » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:36 pm

ok so heres the deal i have missed 3 bucks in the last week. two of them would be great deer by anyones standards one was a 5x6 and, the other today was a tall 5x5. i know my gun is not off but i have had a bad case of buck feaver this year. not to say i have never had it in the past but i dont rember when. i think that i am concentrating on the horns trying to win the bet that i have with a friend/ who can bring home the biggest buck this year, but we do it every year and i have never been this bad. i can still hit the ducks but not the bucks :salude: and advice. there is only a few days left before i have to go to british columbia to see the bro so any tricks would be helpfull
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:37 pm

i should just let 7greensladie shoot for me
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby 7greenslady » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:49 pm

I might just have to do that! :smile:
~~~~~~~~
On your right! Wait, wait, Take 'em!
7greenslady
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:21 pm

Once I decide I am going to shoot something, I never look at the head again. I focus on the vital area and squeeze the trigger. I know pretty basic stuff. But thats all it ever is no matter what your shooting.
phutch30
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:58 pm

Once you have decided to shoot the animal. take your sights completely off the animal if you have time. When you re-aim at the animal do as Paul said. Dont look at the head. I have done this myself and if you are concentrating on the rack, guess where your shot goes.
fun4jake
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting