missed another good buck today

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

missed another good buck today

Postby 7grnhds » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:36 pm

ok so heres the deal i have missed 3 bucks in the last week. two of them would be great deer by anyones standards one was a 5x6 and, the other today was a tall 5x5. i know my gun is not off but i have had a bad case of buck feaver this year. not to say i have never had it in the past but i dont rember when. i think that i am concentrating on the horns trying to win the bet that i have with a friend/ who can bring home the biggest buck this year, but we do it every year and i have never been this bad. i can still hit the ducks but not the bucks :salude: and advice. there is only a few days left before i have to go to british columbia to see the bro so any tricks would be helpfull
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:37 pm

i should just let 7greensladie shoot for me
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby 7greenslady » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:49 pm

I might just have to do that! :smile:
~~~~~~~~
On your right! Wait, wait, Take 'em!
7greenslady
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:21 pm

Once I decide I am going to shoot something, I never look at the head again. I focus on the vital area and squeeze the trigger. I know pretty basic stuff. But thats all it ever is no matter what your shooting.
phutch30
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:58 pm

Once you have decided to shoot the animal. take your sights completely off the animal if you have time. When you re-aim at the animal do as Paul said. Dont look at the head. I have done this myself and if you are concentrating on the rack, guess where your shot goes.
fun4jake
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting