Off to eastern MT deer hunting

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Off to eastern MT deer hunting

Postby phutch30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:29 pm

See ya next week. Im off to hunt the yellowstone river for whitetails using my new jet boat. We are also thinking of hitting the Missouri up near Fort Peck to access some awsome mule deer hunting. Either way its a week off work YEEEEEHAAAAA. Save me a few ducks.
phutch30
hunter

Postby nemont » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:51 am

Just remember the CMR on the North Shore of Fort Peck is closed now to mule deer buck hunting. In addition remember that winds on Fort Peck can turn nasty quickly. BE CAREFUL out there. Be Careful on the Yellowstone as the land owners can get real nasty about retrieval and tresspassing.

Good luck and shoot a wall hanger.

Nemont
nemont
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:01 pm

good luck Paul. Stay dry and bring back a good one.
fun4jake
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:22 pm

We have just been hunting some private and public land on the yellowstone. So far its been fun. I have not dropped the hammer on a buck yet, I did drop a mulie doe this morning. Just to make sure my rifle was still on. I have a suspicion I made a mistake this morning. I had a BIG 5x4 come throught he river bottom but I was trying to score him on the hoof and missed out on a mid 140-150 class buck. One of my buddies shot a nice 143 5x5 on friday and my other buddy shot a witetail doe.
I sure wish we had brought goose decoys,lots and lots of geese.
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting