Holiday Hunting

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Holiday Hunting

Postby fun4jake » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:19 am

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. How was the hunting over the weekend??
fun4jake
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:51 am

Jeff,
Mark and I were thinking of you on Mon. We shot 14 and were home by noon. Mark shot 7 drakes and I shot 5 and 2 hens. That doubled my hen count for the year. One was just a case of mistaken identity at first light. The other was a two with one shot deal. Mark said she dropped into the line of fire just as I shot the drake. I thnk she just didnt want to live without her boyfriend. The worst part was neither one was banded. Oh well
phutch30
hunter

Postby nemont » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:34 am

I had a great hunt with my 8 year old son. We can only shoot 5 mallards a day over here in the Central Flyway. Ended up with my Limit of Mallards and a bonus wigeon drake.

The dog had some fun retrieving

So did my son.

Nemont
nemont
hunter

Postby Get'em » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:23 am

i had an awsome xmas break from school i finally found out what it is like to hunt mallards in a field. i shot a goose and my first band of my life i limited out and my brothers both shot theres it seemed as though the ducks never have seen a decoy before i flocks of about 50 come right in and land even before sun rise over the whole xmas break away from school my family shot 57 mallards and 1 goose and two banded birds but dont worry we got the possesion limit taken care of i used a bunch of recipes off of this site and fixed up some awsome xmas dinners and a delicious new years dinner for my family and another.
Get'em
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting