Who smears stuff on their face for camo.....

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Re: Who smears stuff on their face for camo.....

Postby sluttyshoveller » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Hey phutch, i resemble that remark he he............... :lol3: I have seen your picture of posts in the past, and i submit that one look at you would 'incense' any duck for life he he. Man, you could scare the flies off of a slop jar! But seriously, those ducks that ya'll are shooting are fresh off of the nests, and probably never seen a set of decoys before. :beer:
sluttyshoveller
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Having to work hard for ducks doesnt make them taste any better.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby sluttyshoveller » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:18 am

I think that it possibly does, it's sort of like paying for a study course or getting it for free. The person who pays for it usually tries harder to make it work he he, at least that is what my professors told me. :grooving:
sluttyshoveller
hunter

Postby username » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:52 pm

down here in LA its not really an option. You either face paint, put on a face mask or get out of my boat. Theyve pretty much seen all there is to see in the way of decoy spreads, calls, and tricks by the time they get here. Bright pinkish white faces aint gonna get it done.
username
hunter

Postby jberg440 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:21 pm

Work smart not hard...guess its a northern thing? :wink:
The man banging on the door kept yelling "Alcohol, Tobbaco, and Firearms!" I just assumed it was more supplies.
jberg440
hunter

Postby MontanaMatt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:28 pm

I just bought some face paint. Something is flaring ducks just before they get to shooting range. My dekes look great, and I am camo head to toe. Motionless also. I have to assume it's my lilly white face that is spooking birds. Gonna try it out tomorrow afternoon, and I will report back how well it works.
MontanaMatt
hunter

Postby MTDUCKS » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 am

I've never used it before, thought about it. I have used a face mask, but only in cold weather.

I'm a pretty ugly dude, so maybe I should look into this....
MTDUCKS
hunter

Postby darcher » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:51 pm

I enjoyed the postings. I needed some humor today. I have to agree with two points made. First, if you are well concealed, with the exception of the face, and don't move, I don't think it makes a difference, but I am with the fellow who mentioned looking back at his partners' white faces. Years ago I had my two sons in my well-grassed boat. I walked out to retrieve a bird. When I looked back, I thought they were signaling some plane in the distance. Every time one of them moved, their face flashed like a mirror! I know that I move too much adjusting my glasses or scratching my nose so I try to have grass or camo close to my head. I always used it sculling, but yes I do feel foolish when I stop and grab something to eat on the way home. I will say that the cream face paint they sell in the sporting goods department of Walmart comes off real easy and applies easy.

Some of you guys have great comic material. Finally, I would like to hear from the field hunters. I am sure they are not taking those photo shots with green heads wearing red flannel shirts!
darcher
hunter

Postby Will_Hunt_4_Food » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 am

For geese I use facepaint for sure. For ducks it depends..if I am in a field and have done my scouting it doesn't matter...the ducks seem to be fairly dumb...in the boat yes I always do. The question should be why wouldn't you smear stuff...I mean it takes a few seconds to do and anything I can do to maximize my success is well worth it. Just beware...if your hunting buddy (especially the ones from down south) offers to smear stuff on your face...it may not be camo!!!!

:beer:
God...Family...the outdoors...the rest is just details.
Will_Hunt_4_Food
hunter

Postby MontanaMatt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:02 am

I never got out to test the face paint theory. Having some back issues, and I can barely breath. Even with face paint I doubt the ducks would come in after hearing me moan in pain constantly. And the thought of throwing the bag o dekes on my back has me cringing in pain. Hopefully my back cracker can get me fixed up this week and I can get out next weekend.
MontanaMatt
hunter

Postby montanamallard » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:05 am

Knowing Peter+, that was foundation he was putting on his face. He always needs to look good is his designer jeans, patagonia vests, versace hunting boots, and silk undies (or so i have heard).
montanamallard
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:50 am

Dont forget his dam hair gel. Cant have the wind messin up his doo
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby montanamallard » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Ya he left his bibs in my car and there was a comb, some aveda hair gel, lip gloss, and a flip open mirror along with the foundation in the front pocket.
montanamallard
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 am

Thats his x-dressing kit
phutch30
hunter

Previous

Return to Montana Duck Hunting