HOMESICK

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

HOMESICK

Postby slepe67 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:49 am

Well, I couldnt take it any more and had to say hello. I grew up out side of Great Falls (Sand Coulee), graduated from Centerville High in '91. Joined the military. I now live in NW FL and REALLY wish there was a way I could get back to MT. The hunting here is bland compared to MT. You have to join hunting clubs, or go on guided hunts, and ask about 500 people where they go, if you even REMOTELY want a chance to kill ANYTHING!!!! I miss the days of hopping in the truck with a canoe, going to the pond down the raod about a mile,throwing out some dekes, and knocking down my limit by lunch. Please hold while I wipe the tears ;) Now, I gotta drive about 3 HOURS!!!! if I even hear of a place that has ducks... TEARS!!!! ANywho, have fun fellas, the season is still open down here. I'll post some pics IF I kill anything before the 21st.....
slepe67
hunter

Postby marcbme » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:56 pm

Stay strong dude,

Just know that hunting around here as only been the best it has been in 25 years.

On closing day, I went out with the truck and the geese had had enough of waiting around to get shot so they just waited patiently in line for me to smack 'em on the head with a stick and throw 'em in the back.

On the way home, I accidently hit a 7X7 Bull Elk and fish and game said I could have it "Better you use it then the yotes get it" (Their words, I swear)

Did I tell ya about the team of topless swedish swimsuit models that have been going from town to town cleaning game, massaging feet, and handing out beer for weary hunters?

But don't think about that when your driving 3 hours and battling skeeters in 80 degree weather and rushing home too keep your 2 ducks from spoiling in the heat.

Juuuuust kidding....just remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder and when you get leave you can come home and bang away because you'll have something an outta stater doesn't have.....MONTANA STATE RESEDENCY. So even if you come home for a week, you can hunt and fish just like you never left.
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Postby slepe67 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:27 am

That is some funny stuff. I think the elk thing is BS...MAYBE a 5 point, a 7???No way :laughing: It used to be a lot easier to come home for a week and go hunting when I was single. Now with the wife and kids...I'm trying to get her to come up there and see MT in the summer, instead of cold miserable windy fall/winter. She thinks MT is like the wild west or Tombstone. Its hilarious. She once told me she would never go anywhere that didn't have a mall. I said we do have malls, they're all out back next to the out house and the only way to get to it is by horse :smile:
slepe67
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting