First youth hunt

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

First youth hunt

Postby Shelby » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:43 am

I am 12 this will be my first youth hunt. My dad wants to take me to the holding ponds at Canyon Ferry. Is there a better place to go? We go there all the time. I am excited to go this year because I get to hunt for the first time. But there has to be a better place? Thanks
Shelby
hunter

Re: First youth hunt

Postby HaydenHunter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Can't help you with scouting, but I hope that for your first hunt you get into the birds and have a really good time doing it. You'll remember this hunt for the rest of your life!
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:22 pm

The duck ponds ant Canyon Ferry are holding a lot of birds. Going to be taking a group there my self. you will be amazed how different it is even from the youth opener to the general opener. Last year we did a youth hunt out there and there was plenty of birds out there kids shot four limits. just be careful the ducks are hard to tell right now. good luck, aim good.
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby Lawdog » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:48 am

Shelby wrote:I am 12 this will be my first youth hunt. My dad wants to take me to the holding ponds at Canyon Ferry. Is there a better place to go? We go there all the time. I am excited to go this year because I get to hunt for the first time. But there has to be a better place? Thanks

Congrats Shelby. Welcome to a lieftime love and to DHC.
Rest in Peace, Ryder. Boy, you went before your time, in the start of your prime. You were loyal and are missed.

~ 4 March 2013.
Lawdog
State Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting