Whats everyone doing?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Whats everyone doing?

Postby Fredito » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:18 pm

Its been pretty quiet around here...what has everyone one been up to???? I have gotten engaged recently so I have been trying to help plan a wedding (people seem to frown on a max-4 tux...I dont know why) trying to find a house and maintain sanity...this all has to be done before next season.... :umm:
Fredito
hunter

Postby Duck Runner » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:34 pm

Congrats and good luck with the wedding planning. I did all that last year... Not much happening for myself. Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can start hitting the trails again.
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby phutch30 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:41 pm

Congrats on the engagement.....really. I wouldnt invite that SOB fun4jake though. You never know what kind of stories he might start or the poor unknowing participants he may suck into his lowdown tricks.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Fredito » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:55 pm

Thanks guys...I agree...that fun4jake is a loose cannon....
Fredito
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:30 pm

congrats on the engagement ems been trying for some time to get me to do that.... i have been trying out the fishing and the coyote hunting missed a few but then i am not that good of a shot nice to see some action in here
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

lookout

Postby fun4jake » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:54 am

yeah watch that guy, he cant be trusted. congrats again Fred.
fun4jake
hunter

Postby Fredito » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:35 pm

Yeh I heard he likes to drop other peoples calls in cow poo and shoot at thier decoys...
Fredito
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:06 pm

Its just a jealousy thing with him. I think the only reason he shoots decoys is because he gets more kills that way not many more but a few.. He told me he though everyone liked thier calls dipped in doo. If you ever hunt with fun4jake DONT use his calls. LOL Poor Jeff.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Hart » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Well far be it from me to ever put down a huntin buddy but it does suprise me that Jeff shoots decoys. His decoy shooting must be done in warm weather because his gun doesn't work when it's cold. Putting someone's calls in pooh doesn't suprise me at all. I saw him do it several times to Paul's calls last year. :laughing:
Hart
hunter

Postby Fredito » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:55 pm

The part that has me worried is he tries to be innocent when he does it...'oh look a duck' *bang* 'no...that was my decoy'....or thats a neat call can I see it....oops sorry I dropped it in this fresh poo'....I would never make fun of a hunting buddy either...but I think its only fair to inform fellow hunters of possible hazards... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Fredito
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm

Have you smelled your calls lately :getdown:
fun4jake
hunter

guess who

Postby fun4jake » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:07 pm

I took a picture of Paul on our last hunting trip. If it was a better pic the medial would be all over it.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/album_page.php?pic_id=1512
fun4jake
hunter

Postby Fredito » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:41 pm

fun4jake wrote:Have you smelled your calls lately :getdown:

I have never thought of cleaning calls before, but after that little incident Im thinking of running them through the dishwasher :smile:
Fredito
hunter

Postby Hart » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:36 pm

Man, Jeff you made my day with that picture. I laughed for 10 minutes. Thank you !!! Yes I agree Jeff. The image of that beast racing down the beach with those ten foot strides is very hard to forget. Remember when we finally caught up to him. Hands covered in blood. Duck down hanging from his beard. The stuff nightmares are made of. You saw it on flat ground. You ought to see him move in the mountains. It's scary. I'll be 50 by next hunting season. I started running 4 miles every morning in hopes that I can just stay within eye sight of the elusive Sasquatch next season. Thanks for the memory.
Hart
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:51 pm

i hear the fishing has been getting really good on the beaverhead
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Hey you can't prove thats me! I cant help it if you guys have stumpy little legs.

Mark and Jeff- I have a special elk hunting spot Im going to take you guys to this year. Ill drop you off and pick you up after dark.....honest.
phutch30
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:29 pm

Jeff-After further reflection I admit the picture was funny in a sad sort of way, But everyone on here knows it was just a pathetic attempt to redirect thier attention away from your recently revealed POO fetish and your violent attitude towards plastic ducks. Please tell me your still shooting Kent shells. I just bought some stock.

Mark, Mark, Mark. For your comments I have decided that this year I am not going to drag you all over the mountains for 3 days only to let you drive all the way home to Helena before I arrow my elk 3 hours after you leave. This year I am going to shoot one while you are with me so you will have to help pack. I tried to be nice this year and let you get home and relax on your couch before I tagged out. I guess you just don’t appreciate my attempt at kindness toward an older hunter. Hey,I forget did we ever find that rabbit arrow of yours?
Last edited by phutch30 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Hart » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:24 pm

No, the rabbit arrow is still somewhere in the stratosphere with so many others just like it that I've shot over the years. Bad bounce LOL. Actually I think it landed right next to your grouse arrow in "L" creek. I will be ready for the hills this year, that you can count on. As far as packing meat goes, I'd be more than happy to help as long as your there for me as well bro. Now lets talk about these repeated put downs about Jeff's shooting abilities. I will agree that a bird a box is a little on the weak side but don't forget that he hit a couple of decoys with every box too.
Hart
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Mark I found the pic with the duck feathers. Its too bad that he started to the truck with a limit and when we got there, there were only 3 ducks left, a trail of feathers and blood, and this creature just standing there like nothing was wrong. :umm:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/album_page.php?pic_id=1521

Its kind of blurry but arent all Bigfoot pictures. :mrgreen:
fun4jake
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:26 pm

Ok that may be me. :yes:

Jeff just be forewarned. I think next year I am going to take a picture of the mound of empty shotgun hulls next to your blind and run a pol on which weighs more the blind or your emptys. :umm:
phutch30
hunter

Postby Fredito » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:45 pm

Jeff-
Speaking of a pile of feather being left, do we dare bring up the back of the truck and your little adventure with Jake??
Fredito
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:39 am

Spill it. We need all the Jeff stories this forum can get. The version I heard, it was your fault.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Hart » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 am

Hutch is your home E-Mail down ? I went to the DU banquet tonight and won the $1200 Winchester special edition shotgun. No kidding. Thats twice in 3 years. I'm not usually the one that wins that kind of stuff but for some reason my string of luck at these banquets has been red hot. T Between Shirley and I and the other 8 people at our table we won 5 guns. I tried to invite you and the wife up but I never heard back. Great picture Jeff. Those kind of things are very hard to forget.
Hart
hunter

Postby Fredito » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:11 pm

phutch30 wrote:Spill it. We need all the Jeff stories this forum can get. The version I heard, it was your fault.

You mean Jeff never told you abou the time Jake got a little to hungry on the ride home??? Another interesting little thing about Jake....when you shot and miss he really gets this depressed look on his face....I wonder where he learned it from.....I bet he has that look on his face alot :umm:
Fredito
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:27 pm

If Jeffs poor dog gets a depressed look on his face when ever Jeff misses then the poor dog must have a perpetual frown locked on his expression. :umm: :laughing:
phutch30
hunter

Next

Return to Montana Duck Hunting