Pretty funny opening morning......

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Pretty funny opening morning......

Postby MontanaMatt » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 am

My hunting buddy was in the water setting dekes, and I was on the grassy beach dropping 3 goose decoys. Suddenly, I hear him say, "Look out". I turn around, and there is a sandhill crane coming in for a landing, on my head! Evidently I looked a like a good perch for the day. I gave him a wave, and he pulled up and veered away. 5 minutes later, just as we sit down in the blind, I am hanging calls around my neck when my buddy whispers, "Ducks coming from the right. Grab a call, and tell em we have pizza and p-word" 5 letters, rhymes with wussy. I have never laughed that hard at 7:00 in the morning. Obviously the ducks spooked when they heard me cackling like a maniac in the blind. 20 minutes later, more ducks appear, and I am still laughing to hard to blow a call. It won't be long before the weather goes completely to hell, and when conditions are flat out miserable, I really appreciate having a buddy in the blind with me that can make me laugh that hard.
MontanaMatt
hunter

Re: Pretty funny opening morning......

Postby Bulldog0156 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:42 pm

That's a pretty good one! :thumbsup:
Bulldog0156
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting