hunting along the clark fork/bitteroot?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

hunting along the clark fork/bitteroot?

Postby htathelizzo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:18 pm

I have heard that as long as you stay under the flood plane and out of city limits you can walk and hunt along the clark fork and bitter root rivers outside of missoula on the way to lolo and beyond. is this true?

also can anyone suggest a block management area or a body of water to goto for duck/geese hunting within an hour drive of missoula? from what ive seen the blocks dont look to promising, but there has to be some water around here.
thanks for the help!
htathelizzo
hunter

Re: hunting along the clark fork/bitteroot?

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Section 5, T.7s, R.8w, MT
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:02 pm

The high water mark at that location will get you into hot water although my daughters micky mouse pool does tend to hold birds well into the fall
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby htathelizzo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 pm

phutch30 wrote:The high water mark at that location will get you into hot water although my daughters micky mouse pool does tend to hold birds well into the fall

thank you
htathelizzo
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:12 pm

I think you might have missed the joke. Check the coordinates under my avitar pic. lol
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting