Attn. Mods, Please delete my account.....

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Attn. Mods, Please delete my account.....

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:02 pm

As I no longer feel comfortable calling myself a duck hunter.
Had a good sized chunk of water scouted up yesterday and was able to witness a ton of birds dropping in on the far side of a island. There was no access to the other side of the lake without a couple mile hike around(not happening) or getting across a hundred yard wide inlet to the island and walking across it. No problem I thought as I drove back to town and jumped on craigs list, wouldn't you know it the very first post under boats was for a older one man canoe. Picked it up, loaded it on the truck and packed the gear in anticipation of morning.
Headed out early and was pleased to see the temp was 33 degrees when I got out there. Unloaded boat, packed dekes and coaxed the dog to climb in and jumped in myself. It was aproximatly eighteen seconds later that I realized the last time I had been in a canoe was 25 years ago at boy scout summer camp, and it was not a little 13 footer. About two minutes later after I hauled everything back on shore and dumped the canoe out I was not quite so happy about the temperature any longer. Being a resonable and realistic man I of course blamed the dog for not sitting still and she gave me a look that said stuff I wont repeat here.
Desicion time, wet from waist down, cold and begining to doubt my nautical skills I decided I am already here, got that one out of the way lets give it another try. Loaded the canoe again and the dog tried to jump in and I hauled her back and said to hell with that, you are swimming this time. Climbed in and pushed off. Got out about fifteen feet and was feeling good until the boat rocked left, right, left and over again. Gathered evertything on shore and was glad my gun was unloaded and in the case or probably would have shot the canoe. I believe everything was wet this time except for my right nipple. Hauled the canoe back to the truck and kicked it a couple times for good measure.
Now what, knew that the road went down to a point where a creek came into the main body of water so decided to walk down to point and throw out a couple deeks and stay close to the truck in case I got cold. Got there real quickly and looked back and I was a whole 100 yards from the damn truck. Said screw it I am not going back to move it and got set up. Sat and watched group after group drop into the spot I was planning on going and nothing was coming anywhere near my pathetic set up. After about a hour I only had one more trick up my sleeve, stand up and relieve myself, right on cue three teal rocketed through the deeks when I had the wrong gun in my hand.
About half hour later was bored and started randomly shooting into the sky and a greenwing fell about sixty yards across the water, not sure if he flew into my shot pattern or died from laughter at my shooting skills but the pup did make a nice retrieve.

2011 is off to a amazing start and if it doesn't get better soon Lawdog can close my account and I will start posting on a gay rights forum or something.

P.S. 13 foot one man canoe for sale, sturdy and dependable.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Re: Attn. Mods, Please delete my account.....

Postby wingnutty » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Sounds like you got a bit excited; you need to learn to slow down when stroking your dingy. :lol3:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:15 pm

So is that couple mile hike looking a little more do-able now?

Bummer you weren't able to get out there, it sounds like you would have had some fun.
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 pm

dumbass! U should have invited me......then we could have made it out to deep water before tipping. Told ya to leave those coots alone.

Kudos on finding a canoe that fast. When we spoke I thought by round up you were going to borrow one. LOL Ah how much for the dented boat?
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Thats a good story thanks for the laugh :clapping:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

phutch30 wrote:dumbass! U should have invited me......then we could have made it out to deep water before tipping. Told ya to leave those coots alone.

Kudos on finding a canoe that fast. When we spoke I thought by round up you were going to borrow one. LOL Ah how much for the dented boat?

Who said I didn't make it to deep water?
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:08 am

Oh well then....ah good thing turds float. LOL
at least you didnt have to strip naked on the.....ah heck Im still trying to forget that day.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Lawdog » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:50 pm

PT, I regret that I am unable to comply with your request.

I cannot in good conscience deprive the board of your humor. Or a place to reveal the sequel. :lol:

Who knew all you needed was a rubber ducky to make your trip complete?
Rest in Peace, Ryder. Boy, you went before your time, in the start of your prime. You were loyal and are missed.

~ 4 March 2013.
Lawdog
State Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting