Good day for killing hens!

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Good day for killing hens!

Postby phutch30 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Had a good hunt with old freind and a new one. Saw many hundreds of birds many of which worked great. Had some trouble sexing birds at first. The hen I shot circled 3 times with everyone saying thats a drake....thinking it over now I think Pete and Justin probably just wanted me to shoot a hen........which Im really thinkin is why Pete bought breakfast. In our defense it was very hard to tell the colors on the birds for the first hour. I did learn that if I popped up on a group of hens, Pete and Justin would pop and open up on them. They got me back though. LOL
Shot a nice red fox on the way over to hunt to boot.

Man did I shoot bad!
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: Good day for killing hens!

Postby phutch30 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Looking back on the morning it was fun, but Im having trouble getting past the fact I drove almost 6 hours round trip to lay out in the rain and mud for 2 hours to shoot 7 smelly birds!
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby montanamallard » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Well I am glad you are calling me Justin not Jason PHutch, since Jason would never kill a hen. Justin might though..hey next time I will bring you some extra shells too. Great hunt and great company. Lets do it again soon.
montanamallard
hunter

Postby TopWop » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:05 pm

Ya know if the company is right, birds or no birds, those can be some great memories.
And sometimes it's just a waste of gas. Either way a person usually takes something away from it.
I'm sure you'd do it again next week Hutch.
TopWop
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Since when do you have sexing anything? Good shoot though, looks like fun.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Justin, Jason. as long as you answer to "hey birds on the right" or "hey birds on the left". I can work with it. Plus I figured YOU would want ambiguity. Petes already known as a hen killa LOL

Ray as you know the only way to sex a duck involves a finger in a dank hole. They dont hold still for it like you and Pete.

Regretting murdering that fox. It was sooo fun skinning a bloody smelly fox in the pouring rain when I got home.
Last edited by phutch30 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phutch30
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Now Im crawling with fleas......and Im pretty sure some of them came off that fox.
phutch30
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 pm

mtmallard-your right. Jason would never kill A hen.......but he didnt have any problems killing two : :yes: :hammer:
phutch30
hunter

Postby pmahler » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 am

Paul shot a hen guys
pmahler
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Yup but only 1, if you could read you saw where I blamed it on you.

I forget hopw many did you shoot? :hammer:
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting