parking at boat ramps

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

parking at boat ramps

Postby big quacker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:01 am

Just a little reminder for some people that think i unloaded the boat i'll pull staight ahead and leave.
I know that if you got 3 county licence plates on your pickup you be better than the rest of us but don't be to mad that we damn near yanked your front bumper off moving your truck out of the way.
big quacker
Newb

Re: parking at boat ramps

Postby lundin-loading » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:58 am

Were was this at?
lundin-loading
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Sometimes it helps to read what you wrote before you post it.
All I got from that was you vandalized someones truck that had Billings
plates.

Are you complaining about people's lack of consideration and common sense at
public boat ramps? If you are, I'm right with you on that. My favorites are the
ones that get all their gear ready while on the ramp instead of out of the way.
I am convinced there should be cameras at every ramp in the country. It'd be
better than funniest home videos.
TopWop
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 pm

I always vandalize rigs with Billings plates....they're usually drivin by an ******.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Never underestimate the dislike of the three plate. Alway's have personal plates on my truck just for that reason. Always wave to folks when I am out in the country in my hunting spots, they always wave back. Last year when I wrecked my truck and had to drive one of my other company trucks with regular plates it took me awhile to figure out why hardly anyone was waving back at me.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby TJet Apprentice45 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 am

So because I live in Billings a Drive a truck with a 3 plate i'm an A***??? I guess we can just lump everyone on the west half into the Hippie loving, Dope smoking wolf loving Category then right? It only takes one dumda$$ to ruin someones perception, but come on, with over 100,000 people in Yellowstone County there are bound to be a couple morons, just like every county in the state, there's going to be stupid people where ever you go.
You might want to watch what you post, taking credit for damaging someones vehicle is either pretty brave (maybe you have a great lawyer) or really stupid. (second option most likely)
TJet Apprentice45
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 pm

It was a joke directed at our mod and PTROOFER FTFOWLER.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby TJet Apprentice45 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:15 pm

My bad, missed the joke :fingerhead: ... And Sorry to get off topic. Completely agree when we are using the public boat ramps, especially over on the east half where decent ramps are hard to come by late in the year when the water is down.. wish people thought more about the access for others, mostly when getting loaded and ready to leave in the morning. :thumbsup:
TJet Apprentice45
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm

I guess we can just lump everyone on the west half into the Hippie loving, Dope smoking wolf loving Category then right?

That seems to about sum up phutch in a nutshell. The man goes ape$*** for a hippie chick in a wolf costume. :hi: Almost had me pegged too, but I only smoke virginia slims.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby mtduck » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:10 pm

If this is the boat ramp/parking lot I think it is......it was a total and complete goat show this weekend.

Honestly, I have never seen tempers fire like they did in this lot on Saturday. I did not see a truck get mangled but almost saw two dogs get ran over and one great fist fight. Really? Really?

I used to enjoy B.S.ing with the other hunters while we got our boats ready. It was a part of the hunt for me....Seems like those days are mostly gone. I don't know about you guys but I ususally just get "grunts" when I try to start a parking lot conversation. If you are hunting a public lake with about 10 trailers in the lot you can assume your secret is out. Why be a s.o.b?

Why do people do things on their own time that make them angry? I guess I am too old to understand...

It seems like duck hunters are even worse than fly fishermen when it comes to boat ramps....does anyone have common sense anymore? It seems like the race is to get your boat in the water and then take your time filling it up...who cares about anyone else????

Sorry rant I guess....disclaimer...I am a use a boat flyfishing 3 - 4 days a week....not trying to take a swing at anyone.....except ramp hogs!!!
mtduck
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm

No way in hell I would hunt a spot like that! I would spend 2 weeks knocking on doors before dealing with that.
phutch30
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:32 pm

I don't have regular Idaho plates with a county code on my truck. I pay a bit extra for Fish and Game plates which do not have a county designation. Down in Southern Idaho folks think that people from my county are nutbag separatists...or worse. I like flying under the radar... :biggrin: .
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby MTDUCKS » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:25 pm

I agree with mtduck, I also enjoy talking with other hunters/fishers where I am. Some enjoy the conversation and over the years, even though I'm only 27, that's how I've met some of my favorite and most consistent hunting/fishing partners. The thing is I'm usually hunting/fishing areas that no one else does either because of the effort it takes to get there or the conditions when I'm out there so I have a certain respect for someone else out there.

Like PHutch said, I'd rather knock on doors or bust my hump into a spot than wait in line with a bunch of ***holes with no respect...
MTDUCKS
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 pm

phutch30 wrote:It was a joke directed at our mod and PTROOFER FTFOWLER.

Yea dammit, wait... what the hell?
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Lawdog » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 am

PTROOFER FTFOWLER wrote:
phutch30 wrote:It was a joke directed at our mod and PTROOFER FTFOWLER.

Yea dammit, wait... what the hell?

What he said.
Rest in Peace, Ryder. Boy, you went before your time, in the start of your prime. You were loyal and are missed.

~ 4 March 2013.
Lawdog
State Moderator

Postby hntndux » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Almost sounds like standing in line at a Cali refuge....I guess people are affraid to take a day off during the week when know-one is there?
hntndux
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting