Well she passed the final test

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Well she passed the final test

Postby jberg440 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Well after a frusterating morning I managed to get the girlfriend her first ducks.... Goes something like this.

Saturday morning I woke her up @ 4am, assuming she'd need plenty of time to get ready for her first duck hunt ever.... Suprisingly we were out the door in less than 30 minutes :eek: . The night before I loaded the boat, dekes, everything I thought we'd need. As I took the mojo off the charger I noticed the smell of rottem eggs... AKA DEAD BATTERY :sad: ... I thought no worries, I mean I dont need it to kill ducks, and if this was the only thing that goes wrong im doing pretty good! Boy was i wrong!

Things just snow piled from there, forgot my thermos at work, had to go get that, wasted 20 min getting that and fuel/snacks. Finally we are on the road! After the drive to spot "X" in decent snow flurries, we are unloading the boat, set the motor up, hook up gas, pump the bubble....nothing....well WTH?? :mad: .... I thought to myself...self...you did remember to check the oil in this old chicken didnt ya? Sure as $hit no oil! :crying: now what do we do?? Plan B stake out on foot... well the waters down a bit so not much vegatetaion anywhere near it. After some pondering, and kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing layout blinds I decided our best bet would be building a blind... I mean it is snowing so who knows maybe the ducks wouldn't notice a random bush near the waters edge right? :yes:

We barely got the dekes out and the blind built before ducks started buzzin us. Right away a four pack of gaddys commit, I tell her wait....wait....wait..wait.... OK KILL EM'!!! BOOM! BOOM! KERRRSPLAT!! One drops! The Ducks unlimited special over/under I won and subsequently gave her for christmas last year works!? After a few high fives :grooving: I attempt to wade out and get it. Im just about to it with four inches of waders to spare when I feel it....the dreaded wader leak right at the nutsack!! I thought are you kidding me!!! :fingerhead:

I retreive the duck, pour some coffee, and wait for the next round to come in. Alot of birds are flying but much to my dismay they all would rather land with the real ducks across the way than my decoys, go figure? Finally after cursing the live ducks, I see a 3 pack coming in... look like wigeons...just like before I tell her to wait...than KILL EM!!! I hear CLICK... than BOOM!! once again she killed one and I missed... some great white hunter I am. Apparently while we were waiting for new ducks i was playing with the action on the benelli and it wasnt seated all the way. :huh:

Now it was getting close to 10am, and I wanted to go scout some other spots so we packed up and headed out. To make the day even better, on the way home I got a flat tire in the pickup... But even with all the irritating things that went wrong, it was probably one of the most unforgetable hunts I've had in a while. I also got to give her the final test of our relationship, since I already knew she could out fish me and out bowhunt me, now that i know she likes duck hunting including eating and cleaning them...Its time to make her mine forever. I'll keep you posted on what she says when i bust out that piece of gold and crushed charcoal and say those four little words. :thumbsup:

The man banging on the door kept yelling "Alcohol, Tobbaco, and Firearms!" I just assumed it was more supplies.
jberg440
hunter

Re: Well she passed the final test

Postby TopWop » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:10 pm

I hope those words are something like " Driva Ford or Chevy?"
"please pass the ketchup"
"Want to go ......" add any event you please.

I've seen some of the best relationships in the world ruined by
marriage. Just sayin' if it ain't broke why mess with it.

Since I won't be at the wedding I thought I'd speak now.
TopWop
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 pm

I was thinking
"Go fix Me breakfast"
or "Finish the laundry"
or "It taste's like what?"
or "but Phutch hunts everyday!"
or "You seen the checkbook?"
or "You know Top Wop!"
followed by "Get your arse out"
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Dont listen to them that only get thier lovin online. Treat her like a princess and she'll treat you like a king......untill you marry her then shell' get fat and turn into a pain in the butt, divorce you and take everything you have and leave you crying in a puddle of your own self loathing.

Or

She could be like my wife and cant stand you, so she forces you to go hunting so she doesnt have to look at you and wonder what the &&$#@! she was thinking when she married you, but you dont make enough to make it worth her time to divorce you so she figures shes stuck with you.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting