well, put your boats away or get ready to drive

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

well, put your boats away or get ready to drive

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:47 pm

because Hebgen and Ennis are froze over. me and GThomp hit hebgen today thinking it would be at least somewhat open...wrong. nearly a half inch over the entire thing save for a single 130 yard opening. we put in anyway, what's life without a bit of excitement? took it fairly easy and didn't cut our bow wide open. motored out to the middle and set 4 dekes in the hole. figured we would see how we could do just sitting out there. surprisingly, we got shots around the boat on a bit of everything, but only bagged three birds. ended up scoring a full plumed buffie with a behind the back shot-couldn't remotely get the gun close to my shoulder, just elbowed it and fired and nailed him. :lol3:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Re: well, put your boats away or get ready to drive

Postby wingnutty » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Think it'll open up again or do you think she's frozen for the year? Seems quite early for Ennis, no?
wingnutty
hunter

Re: well, put your boats away or get ready to drive

Postby GThomp » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Its about 2 weeks early for Ennis... Which really sucks because i generally don't fool with that lake until November. This is about Hebgen's time of the year, but i think all the birds have left both places due to the freeze. Even if they do thaw they are not going to hunt like they would have.

Its time for rivers and the eastern part of the state for MF and i. We still got a couple holes we have scouted but never hunted to try. Never boated them either, but thats a different story. I bet whoever hunted Ennis on Sunday really cleaned up. If you catch that lake on the day it freezes, limits tend to happen.

Good luck to you guys. :beer:
GThomp
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting