Waterfowl hunting near Bozeman

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Waterfowl hunting near Bozeman

Postby Kellenmo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:39 pm

My aunt and uncle are gonna be moving up around the Bozeman area from St. Louis in the next few years and I was wondering what kind of waterfowl hunting they have up there? Honestly, I'm more interested in the big game hunting up there, but I'd love to shoot some ducks and geese too!

Thanks!
Kellenmo
hunter

Re: Waterfowl hunting near Bozeman

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Honestly, in a few years you wont be able to find a place to waterfowl hunt within 1 1/2 hours of Bozeman. The big game hunting gets better in direct proportion to the distance you drive away from bozeman and how far your willing to hike in.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:58 pm

As long as they bring a fat bank account and buy a nice ranch with good access they will have great waterfowl hunting. Don't you know how it works around here Paul?
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby GThomp » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 pm

phutch30 wrote:Honestly, in a few years you wont be able to find a place to waterfowl hunt within 1 1/2 hours of Bozeman. The big game hunting gets better in direct proportion to the distance you drive away from bozeman and how far your willing to hike in.

I pretty much have that problem right now... Let alone in a few years. The gallatin is about worthless unless you have permission on some private in there.
GThomp
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting