Game Processors in Flathead, Bitterroot or Missoula?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Game Processors in Flathead, Bitterroot or Missoula?

Postby wingnutty » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm looking to get some duck ground and made into pepperoni/saugsage. Normally I do this myself, but by grinder and all must stuff is in the back of a 20' storage unit. Anyone know anyone who will processes duck? I have heard that some places won't do it because they are afraid of steel shot busting their grinder blades? I've chased out all my shot and the breasts are clean.

Thanks.
wingnutty
hunter

Re: Game Processors in Flathead, Bitterroot or Missoula?

Postby Rat Fink » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm

I've had a hard time getting people to grind waterfowl as well. I have all my own equipment now so it's not an issue. Even though I make sure my meat is very clean and all the shot is cleaned out, I have had birds that had survived a previous shot and were carrying a pellet or 2 that was non lethal. I use a stud finder now to make sure I don't screw up my grinder.
Rat Fink
hunter

Postby K-Town » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Give Lower Valley Meats in Kalispell a call. They have ground up tons of goose for me into balogna, which tastes damn good! They have won national awards for sausage mixtures, so I think could mix something together for ya :thumbsup:
K-Town
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:06 am

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:
wingnutty
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting