Looking for a Labradore stud dog

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Looking for a Labradore stud dog

Postby Shelby » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello

We are looking for a Black, or chocolate lab stud. Dog must have OFA, or Penn Hipp rated hips, must hunt and be an allarund dog. Please reply with pictures, and pedigree. I would like to see a dog from ft, or hunt test lines. I am not into the show lines. Thank you
Shelby
hunter

Re: Looking for a Labradore stud dog

Postby Shelby » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Out of all the bird hunters on this forum no one knows of a well bred lab for a stud?
Shelby
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:16 pm

I have a fixed chocolate and a fixed black, both female. Let me know if that helps you at all.
Last edited by PTROOFER FTFOWLER on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:31 pm

GThomp has a yellow that will throw black and yellow pups, dog comes from an excellent hunting line. if you're interested, PM me or him.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby GThomp » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Mine is out of tallgrass kennels. You can find them online, and view their dog's pedigrees. He is an Ella/Gus pup, and i think they have both of their pedigrees online. If i were a more capable trainer he could do hunt trials. Never had a dog this intelligent and athletic. He is a "British" lab, but he is yellow. Thats why i did not post on this originally. He is also one and a half, so if you are looking for an older dog for whatever reason thats cool. He wants to get laid bad all the time, so i am sure he'd appreciate anything you could do for him. I'd whore him out for a reasonable price as well, but due to his pedigree i'll need a stud fee.
GThomp
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:25 pm

I know of a proven BLM OFA cert. I own a 2yr old from him and know of other pups he has sired from different bitchs and they are all pretty great dogs. He is from FT/HT lines up clsoe like sire and dam, so you don't have to look very hard to see them. I also hunt with his owner. PM me if you are interested.
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:38 pm

I might be asking what is the background of YOUR dog before getting it
linked to my dog. I can get you the info of my dog's breeder but he'd need
to see your dogs paperwork I'm sure. He's a real easy going guy that has
put out some fantastic hunt trial dogs.
TopWop
hunter

Postby pmahler » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:34 pm

why would you want a field trial dog for duck hunting...do you hunt pheasants primarily?
pmahler
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm

I can't answer for G, but I will tell you why I look for FT/HT titled dogs in my dogs lineage. Dogs that title in those types of events exhibit trainability,and mental toughness, and good decision making characteristics; besides being physically tough.
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby GThomp » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Force Fetch wrote:I can't answer for G, but I will tell you why I look for FT/HT titled dogs in my dogs lineage. Dogs that title in those types of events exhibit trainability,and mental toughness, and good decision making characteristics; besides being physically tough.

Thats exactly why i got mine. I also was looking for a dog that did not weigh 100 pounds, and would be super athletic. Mine is 65 pounds, and i would put him in any sort of race against anyone's dog. He also had more drive than any dog i have personally ever hunted over. Only problem he presented in training was an issue with guns. We got through it though.
GThomp
hunter

Postby pmahler » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Not to mention hyper spastic given years of over breeding (learned this one first hand) in American labs vs British lines.
pmahler
hunter

Postby ZB1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 pm

My 2 cents:
British labs are unbelievable.
perfect demeanor, steady at your side, still flush like mad if you turn them loose, and may even wink at you after a great day.
Attachments
IMG_5133.JPG
ZB1
hunter

Postby darcher » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 pm

I've got a stud, athletic yellow lab. You won't want him because I never registered him. He was given to me at six months. I was reluctant, but the neighbors pressed their case because they knew I was a hunter and saw how trained my old lab was. He is the best lab I have ever had! I am responding only because I want to show him off. He is intense in the field and as loving as any dog I have ever owned.
Attachments
Buddy2.jpg
darcher
hunter

Postby Shelby » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 pm

The sire to my girl is 3x GRHRCH UH Dakota's Cajun Roux MH. His pedigree is

3x GRHRCH UH Dakota's Cajun Roux MH

3x GRHRCH UH Dakota's Cajun Roux MH 13x GRHRCH Missy's Cajun Dakota MH ( BLK )
Hips: LR-73346E24M (Excellent)
FC AFC Super Bounce Andre ( BLK )
Hips: LR-42490G (Good)
92NFC- 90NAFC Candlewood's Super Tanker ( BLK )
Hips: LR-22669 (GOOD)

Sasse-Ville Cinders ( BLK )

5x GRHRCH Missy Hollowdale Autrey ( BLK )
Hips: LR-36483G27F (Good)
Baker's Lucky Day ( CHOC )
Mar-Bud Lady ( YLW )

HRCH Gabbie's Star of Bessie ( BLK ) Nellie's First Beauzo ( BLK ) Duke's Last Beauzo ( BLK )
Nellie XIII ( BLK )

Langley's Annie Belle ( BLK ) Sunnyburkes KRJ Sackett MH ( YLW )
Hips: OFA38

Gail's Sabine Queen ( BLK )

( BLK )
Hips: LR-73346E24M (Excellent)
FC AFC Super Bounce Andre ( BLK )
Hips: LR-42490G (Good)
92NFC- 90NAFC Candlewood's Super Tanker ( BLK )
Hips: LR-22669 (GOOD)

Sasse-Ville Cinders ( BLK )

5x GRHRCH Missy Hollowdale Autrey ( BLK )
Hips: LR-36483G27F (Good)
Baker's Lucky Day ( CHOC )
Mar-Bud Lady ( YLW )

HRCH Gabbie's Star of Bessie ( BLK ) Nellie's First Beauzo ( BLK ) Duke's Last Beauzo ( BLK )
Nellie XIII ( BLK )

Langley's Annie Belle ( BLK ) Sunnyburkes KRJ Sackett MH ( YLW )
Hips: OFA38

Gail's Sabine Queen ( BLK ) .

Her dam is a GRHRCH. My girl is on her way to Two titles. She has tons of go, drive and desire. Very trainable. The Roux dog is 3rd all time historicaly. 13x GRHRCH Missy's Cajun Dakota MH ( BLK ) is number 1 all time
Shelby
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Did you type that in english? None of that made any sense at all to me but congrats, I am sure you have a great dog. Sometimes a rich dude hunts on a pond about five hundred yards from my spot that he bought just to hunt there and I have heard that he has some super trained dog that does everything including fix him breakfast. Always the same thing, I hear twelve shots from over there then it starts, "BACK, OVER, BACK, DAMN IT I SAID BACK, OVER, JESUS CHRIST OVER" whistle blows a few times then some more yelling, usually lasts for another ten minutes. I shoot a duck and my mutt lab swins out gets it and sometimes brings it all the way back to the blind and sometimes drops it at the shore, but always gets the duck. Worth it for me not to have to yell all morning.

I can appreciate the guys with the super dogs that can track their family back forty generations, just not that big of deal for me.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 pm

I think you should post some pics of your dog. Us mountain folk ain't never seen a real fancy lab before.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby pmahler » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:46 am

Can you tell you're being made fun on Shelby?
pmahler
hunter

Postby GThomp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:12 am

I take it you want no parts of my dog then... his pedigree is as good if not better than that...
GThomp
hunter

Postby Shelby » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:27 am

pmahler wrote:Can you tell you're being made fun on Shelby?

Yeah I can. Its ok I am just trying to help the breed out. Not brag , not down any one else .

And no I am not a rich dude, and I hunt public land. I was on a waiting list for 6 years to get this dog, and I spent the time to train her, took the time to run her in hunt tests. Make fun all you want its ok
Shelby
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 am

For the record I wasn't making fun of you Shelby. As long as you enjoy the dog and have fun thats what its all about. Just get a kick out of some guys who think a dog without a long pedigree isn't worth having.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Shelby » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 am

PTROOFER FTFOWLER wrote:For the record I wasn't making fun of you Shelby. As long as you enjoy the dog and have fun thats what its all about. Just get a kick out of some guys who think a dog without a long pedigree isn't worth having.

I think any well trained healthy dog is the way to go. They cant read papers. The papers tell the story however of a trainable line . History repeats its self . I was asked by someone how my dog was bred so I posted her pedigree.
Shelby
hunter

Postby Shelby » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 am

GThomp wrote:I take it you want no parts of my dog then... his pedigree is as good if not better than that...

Sir you have a yellow dog. Nothing wrong with yellows I have had them before I have hunted over quite a few talented yellows. My dog is chocolate. Its not desireable to breed those colors together. THANK YOU for the offer I did go to the website and was able to view the ped for the dam. They must not have the sire any more.
Shelby
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Shelby, I understood that ped. and you have the blood lines. Sent PM this AM about a stud, Jazztime/Dixie breeding.
Live Well
Wayne
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Shelby wrote:Nothing wrong with yellows I have had them before I have hunted over quite a few talented yellows. My dog is chocolate. Its not desireable to breed those colors together...

that smells like horse $#!t to me.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting