duck boat sold--new one on the drawing table

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

duck boat sold--new one on the drawing table

Postby darcher » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Sold!

Now, if you are really looking for a great duck boat for all conditions, contact me. I will be building my 10th original duck boat this winter. I have built many one-off male mold boats and stitch-and-glue boats and aluminum boats. This next one will be the cat's meow! It will be a 14' (maybe 15') glass sneak boat with two individual recess cockpits for two hunters to sit sideways. (In contrast to laying down length ways like a layout boat.) Featuring a whaleback top piece with contour curves down to the water's edge, it will blend anywhere with a low profile. It will have a slight vee-hull bottom for easy planing in chop. A one off mold is just that. To make a solid plug would cost about $500. If anyone is interested, contact me. I have no intentions of going into the boat building business. (It is a liability nightmare dealing with insurance and the Coast Guard requirements.) I would like to share the mold with someone. Later this winter I will post a sketch of my plans. If you want a great boat, or even if you would just like to learn the process, call me.

Dave Archer 541-274-1509 or email on this site.
Attachments
duckboat-1.jpg
side-grass.jpg
side-grass.jpg (100.13 KiB) Viewed 822 times
Last edited by darcher on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
darcher
hunter

Re: duck boat for sale...

Postby wingnutty » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 pm

I don't think it is a big deal to post it. Put up some pictures :thumbsup:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:39 am

If you are going to put it on craislist you might think about throwing it on the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene page to expand your potential buyer pool. Good luck.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby Will_Hunt_4_Food » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:46 am

So how much do you want for it?
God...Family...the outdoors...the rest is just details.
Will_Hunt_4_Food
hunter

Postby darcher » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 pm

I found very similar boats from $5900 to $8750 on Craig's List for Oregon. I will set the price at $5,500 and stay firm. If I sell it, I'll build a 14' Devlin boat and use my existing 15 hp Johnson. If not, I will try to find someone who would like to join me. If I can't sell it or find a hunting friend, I will have a powerful argument for my wife as to why I need a winch. I got it stuck twice on Klamath Lake and about had a heart attack trying to muscle the boat into deeper water by myself. I would now be powerless with a bad shoulder.

A few years ago I ran into a guy who mounted a detachable winch. He was young and said he pushes the limit all the time and gets stuck. He uses an anchor and sometimes a pipe and hammer. He said it works just great. It was a small winch from Harbor Freight.

The boat and motor are great, but I am hesitant about running it on Flathead River or Clark Fork in the dark. New props are $300! I would love to run it on the Missouri around Fort Benton. Anybody want to share fuel expenses and a room?
darcher
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Anybody want to share fuel expenses and a room?

Yes. Give me 2 weeks.
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby Troutslayer » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Is that mud motor a long shaft or a hyper drive? Sounds like a good price, not that I"m interested, but you should put up some better pics.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby GThomp » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 pm

I'll trade you straight up. I got a 16ft with a 25 outboard on it (electric start). It would be easy to run with whatever problems you may have :thumbsup:
GThomp
hunter

Postby jberg440 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:17 am

Anybody want to share fuel expenses and a room?

Hell yea! When are you going?
The man banging on the door kept yelling "Alcohol, Tobbaco, and Firearms!" I just assumed it was more supplies.
jberg440
hunter

Postby darcher » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:25 pm

I just added a photograph. The motor is a Mud Muddy 35hp hyperdrive. No, I am not interested in a trade. I will build a 14' fiberglass sneak boat. One problem now will be where to take it for a test drive should someone be interested. I will have to return to the other replies to see who it was that said they would like to go out with me on the Missouri. I thought I would wait until all the ponds are frozen. Here are some details about the boat:

BOAT: 2007 Fully loaded with running lights, bilge pump, 19" sides, extended deck to cover gas tank and other items, made of thick .125 aluminum. All welded. Dog loading platform, motor cover, anchor poles.
Length: 15’-3”
Bottom: 50”
Beam: 72”
Side Height: 19”
Height to Cockpit Rim: 23”
Bow deck: 45”
Cockpit width: 52”
Cockpit length: 11-feet

BOAT MOTOR: 2006 Mud Buddy Hyper-Drive 35 Vanguard Commercial power twin cylinder (OHV) air cooled. Approx. 70 hours

TRAILER: Easy Loader, single axle.

This boat is ready to go. All registration is current on the boat and trailer.

Price: $5,500.00 Firm
darcher
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting