All Time Greats

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

All Time Greats

Postby ZB1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:27 pm

One of my all time favorite photos of my last dog.....
the day will be forever burned into my noggin.

I hunted the Oregon Coast quite a bit over the past years with a good buddy out there. Real duck brother; fanatical duck hunter with a love of all cool things about the sport. Lots of rain and real big water. Terrifying midnight journeys into fog covered bays trying to avoid the shoals or shipping channels. every now and then the sun came out and the birds flew just right. Anyway, no better companion blasting through deep water and heavy chop than a neoprene lined 4 legged swamp stomper like this one. wish he was still around....

anyone else out there have some all time great photos?

Attachments
Madison Squid hook.JPG
ZB1
hunter

Re: All Time Greats

Postby pmahler » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 am

Great pic ZB! I need to pull up a few from the Minnesota days when my pup was just a little fella...full of piss & vinegar.
pmahler
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Couple years ago. If I remember it was about -20 out. She was pissed she had to wear the vest, she has always hated it. Twelve years old now, packing a rebuilt knee and missing a toe. Arthritis has got ahold of her pretty bad. Taking her out only about once a week now.
Attachments
Duck hunting 2008 007.JPG
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby mojocoot » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 pm

From late last year, but still one of my fav's
Attachments
Emma.jpg
mojocoot
hunter

Postby shawdawg02 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:05 pm

From a few years ago on the snake in Idaho. My brothers came up from utah and we did well. It was on shelf ice on the river and was awesome seeing the dog launch off the ice into the river, then crawl back up with a bird in her mouth. We got the ducks early and waited most of the day for geese and ended up with 21 greenheads and 10 honks. Lot of memories from this hunt: lots of long retrieves by the dog, we ran into about 1000 geese in the dark with the boat and my brother grabbed one that seemed to gravitate to the spotlight, it almost pulled him out of the boat. Shortly thereafter we realized we had over loaded the front of the boat and almost sank, had 4 inches of water in the bottom of the boat. And to top it off it was on my anniversary that my wife had forgotten, which is why i was able to hunt all day without getting nailed by her. GOOD TIMES.
Attachments
1219091219a.jpg
shawdawg02
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting