Is Phutch getting Old?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Is Phutch getting Old?

Postby hntndux » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Man, either theres NO ducks in Montana, or something else is going on. Hutch has been home from Alberta for days now and we havent seen any duck pics or stories?? What gives?
hntndux
hunter

Re: Is Phutch getting Old?

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Heres a story

On the way home from alberta my truck started making a grinding noise. So when I got home I switched to my old truck. Tue I shot a drake gaddie, 5 greenheads and a hen mallard. On wed I broke my cell phone and came down with the flu. I was so sick on thur I couldnt get out of bed all day. Made for a great thanksgiving. On friday I was still sick most of the day but I went to try to fill my cow tag that afternoon. While driving down an icy 2track I met another hunter on a blind corner and we had a head on collision. Smashed up the front of my truck. It was still drivable though so I headed home. While driving down the hwy at 60mph my hood popped up and folded over the roof of my truck. On Sat I took my boy out for a 30 min hunt and shot 5 greenheads and two drake widgeon. On sun morn I almost killed a cow but only had a shot a big 6x at 215 yards. That afternoon I went on a 5 min hunt and murdered a whitetail outa a ranchers backyard. This morning I took my regular truck to get the grinding noise looked at. When I arrived at the garage I noticed 2 things.
1. the mechanic wasnt there
and
2. the right front wheel assembly was on fire

luckily I had some water in the truck or it could have been even worse. Anything that could melt did and the tire is tilted at a 30 degree angle towards the truck. Should cost a couple grand to fix. Dont think Im gunna be doing much hunting the rest of the year.
Last edited by phutch30 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Damn dude, the way your luck is running I am glad I am taking a different flight than you to Maryland next month. Hope things turn around, remember watching Moose retrieve dead ducks can make all things better.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Yea I know. Just a minor thing on our trip....we are hunting in Delaware not Maryland. Better check your ticket.

I already warned the Del boys of my close association latly with Mr. Murphy
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby GThomp » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:38 am

phutch30 wrote:Yea I know. Just a minor thing on our trip....we are hunting in Delaware not Maryland. Better check your ticket.

I already warned the Del boys of my close association latly with Mr. Murphy

Where in Delaware are you headed? Are you hunting with an outfitter over there? My first waterfowl hunt ever was with an outfitter in that region.
GThomp
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:10 am

Never said we were hunting in Maryland, said flight to Maryland. My ticket is to Baltimore, maybe I am going to the wrong place.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:50 pm

GT we are doing a swap hunt with a guy from there
phutch30
hunter

Postby TopWop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 pm

When I talked to Phutch about the trip he told me to get my
ticket to Arizona. He said we were starting out with a Snipe
hunt then Jackalopes finishing with a Coot shoot. He told me
Arizona was catch and release for Snipe and I needed a big
butterfly net. Coots could be shot but only with a paintball gun.
Is this not the same trip you are going on Ray?
TopWop
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Nope I am going on that trip too Top, just going to head down the day before and limit out on everything, then when you come down there wont be anything left.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby hntndux » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 pm

See, I rest my case, something was going on there... hope your luck gets better...have a good season
hntndux
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting