Weather

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Weather

Postby MTJoe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Got some nasty weather forcast for my area here in Glasgow, what effect will that have on ducks, even geese? Really going nuts wanting to hunt them!
MTJoe
hunter

Re: Weather

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:18 pm

In my limited experience I believe that if the weather gets nasty enough all the geese will run in a clockwise direction around the nearest tree, hop three times on their left foot and then twice on thier right foot (opposite if the are left wingded) then fall over and immediatly die. The ducks will then climb inside the dead geese and hibernate until the spring, at which time they will lay between five and eleven goose eggs. This is natures way of insuring the continuation of both species. Either that or they will seek out warm water spots and available food. If they cannot find that they will move south until they do.
Pretty sure it will be the first scenario though.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Fowl Intentions » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Sniffing to much gun powder. Just go hunting.
Fowl Intentions
hunter

Postby MTJoe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:50 pm

I think your both right, I have been looking for some upland, and a place to hunt some ducks and geese. I cant help but think it is almost over and will be sitting on my duff making lanyards! :yes:
MTJoe
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting