FROZEN?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

FROZEN?

Postby caddis1993 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:55 pm

hey does anyone know if canyon ferry, ennis, and hebegan are frozen yet?
thanks
-zach
caddis1993
Newb

Re: FROZEN?

Postby lundin-loading » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Duck ponds on canyon ferry are frozen, 2 or 3a weeks ago someone was ice skating in them!
lundin-loading
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm

hebgen has been frozen for months.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby MontanaMatt » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:56 pm

I drove past Canyon Ferry on Wednesday. Not gonna freeze with whitecaps on top of 8 ft waves. It was ugly! The drive up from Three Forks was double white knuckles, at 7 miles per gallon into hurricane force winds. The drive home was much better, at about 27 mpg. And I found all the pheasants in Montana. Standing on the highway between Toston and Townsend.
MontanaMatt
hunter

Postby GThomp » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Hebgen and Ennis are done for sure.
GThomp
hunter

Postby caddis1993 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:51 pm

yea...ennis is really frozen? thats why i found open water there this past weekend
caddis1993
Newb

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Way to make your first post a question, then turn around anb bitch about the answer you got. I am sure he is sorry he didn't drive out there as soon as he saw your post and check for you. It was probably froze the last time he was there. Next time instead of cyberscouting, go look for your damn self, douche.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:33 pm

PTFT...I wanted to say that exact same thing, but I just shrugged his initial post off. Get in your own damn car, fill up your own damn tank of gas, and go see for yourself! And then to have the audacity to post "That's not what I saw"....no one in their right mind should ever try and help this dude out again! Hey, could you go check these spots in eastern MT for me Caddis....Thanks for calling him out PTFT! :thumbsup:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby jberg440 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:59 pm

http://www.montanawalleyesunlimited.net/walleyecams.htm

here is the camera overlooking Silos. It looked frozen today, hopefully I'll be out there fishin' it soon!!
The man banging on the door kept yelling "Alcohol, Tobbaco, and Firearms!" I just assumed it was more supplies.
jberg440
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 pm

jberg440 wrote:http://www.montanawalleyesunlimited.net/walleyecams.htm

here is the camera overlooking Silos. It looked frozen today, hopefully I'll be out there fishin' it soon!!

Looked dark to me.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 am

Clark Canyon is still open and has a ton of birds working it. If you got the time to go there it would be well worth your time. Easy limits of mallards, gaddies, widg and a bunch of pintails with a good number of teal to boot.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:08 pm

:lol: Good thing I quit figure skating on it last week!
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Clark Canyon is still open and has a ton of birds working it. If you got the time to go there it would be well worth your time. Easy limits of mallards, gaddies, widg and a bunch of pintails with a good number of teal to boot.

WTH! I drove 10 hours round trip because of your post! Can't believe you people and your terrible scouting reports.

Now, if you losers would all just please pm me with specific and accurate scouting reports. In return, you will get ME, hunting your spots, killing birds and then you'll get to see ME again after I post pictures of said spots and piles of birds.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby wickedmfer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:34 am

Asking if a huge public body of water is frozen is now internet scouting. Now we should all burn up a day of our time and a tank of gas to go see for ourselves. I mean why not? The economy is booming, most of us have loads of disposable income and free time. Besides, Canyon Ferry is my personal duck spot that Ive worked tirelessly to develop over the years and kissed ass to get on for longer than I can remember. If you think Im going to help you out with something as simple as "ya it was frozen when I drove past last week" your out of your frikin mind. Really, there are like 40 of us on this site. We live all over the state and we still refuse to help each other out with the most basic info. Well for my part here ya go... all the water around here is frozen, the rivers are all pretty slushy, and I haven't been seeing very many birds in the air. Seen lots in bozo, but I don't have the time or money right now to develop any spots there so I stay out this way jump shooting some private land that I do spend all year kissing ass to get on.
Merry Christmas everyone.
"X" <-------Best Dog...........EVER!
wickedmfer
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 am

It isn't that I don't want to share info with folks on this site, it's that I don't want to share info with the hundreds of others who lurk here in order to cyber-scout and never contribute a dang thing :rolleyes: . If I know someone from this site and trust that they won't blab the info I give them all over the internet then I'll usually very happily provide them as much info as they need via pm or a phone call.

Also, I believe the reason everyone is annoyed is that the original poster asked a question, was provided info based on other people's observations and then came on afterward and acted like a little b**** because some of the ice had melted.

A more dignified response would have been: 'hey thanks for the heads up. I decided to check out Ennis Lake myself and it turns out it opened back up again and I saw ducks sitting on the water'. But respect often doesn't enter the mind of the typical cyber-scouter who is only out for their own benefit.

If you wanna come on here and ask for information you damn sure better be sharing it back and forth yourself! :mad: Most people who ask for info are never heard from again :no: . Hell, half the time when i respond via pm, people don't even have enough respect to reply and say "thanks for taking the time to help me out". Annoying.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby Wild Bob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:44 am

wingnutty wrote:

WTH! I drove 10 hours round trip because of your post! Can't believe you people and your terrible scouting reports.

Now, if you losers would all just please pm me with specific and accurate scouting reports. In return, you will get ME, hunting your spots, killing birds and then you'll get to see ME again after I post pictures of said spots and piles of birds.

HAhahahahahahah! Some of that prairie humor!!!! :beer:
Wild Bob
hunter

Location: Some where east of the continental divide but west of Roughrider Country

Postby Wild Bob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:52 am

By the way, Thanks for helping out! :lol3:

Now seriously, all kidding a side...good point. A lot of folks show up around these sites just fishing for info. I'm also amazed at the number of people that get on a site and brag about their favorite 'honey hole' then get pi$$ed when it's over run by others.

Me thinks, what did you expect??? :no:
Wild Bob
hunter

Location: Some where east of the continental divide but west of Roughrider Country

Postby phutch30 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 am

I will never give out accurate info online unless its through a PM and I better know you......or will I. I may or may not have shot a limit of ducks yesterday on the south end of Clark. Only way to find out is go try. :beer:

My holes are never discussed online....just in private
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Wild Bob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:07 pm

"My holes are never discussed online....just in private"

OK man, that just sounds wrong!!! hahahahahah :eek:
Wild Bob
hunter

Postby lundin-loading » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Successfully ran someone off the Montana board...lol, reminds me of that bumper sticker, "Welcome to Montana, Now LEAVE!"
lundin-loading
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:49 pm

My holes are never discussed online....just in private

ok, slow down beautiful, you had me at hello. pm sent :lol3:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby wickedmfer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm not saying that we should share honey holes or personal spots. Just saying that something like is canyon ferry iced up shouldn't be a big thing. I also agree that the original poster came back with a very DB reply. Most of the guys on here are great guys. I've hunted with a couple and had a great time. Also been pm'd about some area's far far away. I appreciate the help.
"X" <-------Best Dog...........EVER!
wickedmfer
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 pm

If anyone is curious, CF is most definitely iced over right meow :lol3:
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:29 pm

For real Clark is still open. I hunted it this morning easy limit of green. Passed on some gaddies and teal. Better hurry though. Its going to ice over pretty soon.

phutch30
hunter

Postby MTJoe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Well I live in Glasgow, and unless your field hunting, or on the MO, your pretty well froze out right now. This was my first year trying to duck hunt, started way to late! I will say this, I have found the sport to be addictive, and as I do not have a boat, or even waders yet, I know that I will but busting my butt over the next year to develop some spots, just as I did for deer hunting. I will also be going after some gear. If I can help out a fellow via a PM, more than happy, but have been on enough boards to know that you scout on the first post you will get shot down, just as I would have done if a person had posted wanting to know how my scout fishing went for a Bass tourney, granted though, no money to win (that I am aware of) for shooting a duck. I will say that after the wife learned I was thinking of shooting water fowl, I got a list of "pretty" birds we are going to hang on the wall, to go along with the upland birds!
MTJoe
hunter

Next

Return to Montana Duck Hunting