FROZEN?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Re: FROZEN?

Postby caddis1993 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:55 pm

you guys didnt run anyone out of anywhere, i simply have better things to do than to internet surf, like studying. Im sorry i didnt have the money to fill up my tank and drive out there on a whim, im a college kid paying for my own education with barley enough money to afford shells. Some people on this forum share valuable information, and thats awesome, others are more protective and thats very understandable. Ive had a trout stream or two ruined by an article or a forum post and its really a shame. All my hunting spots have been found thru fishing and diligent scouting not internet scouting! I was just a little upset because i almost didn't go due to the reports i was getting, but that just goes to show, you have to get out there and do it yourself. i apologize if i upset anyone, happy holidays!
caddis1993
Newb
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: FROZEN?

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 pm

caddis1993 wrote:you guys didnt run anyone out of anywhere, i simply have better things to do than to internet surf, like studying. Im sorry i didnt have the money to fill up my tank and drive out there on a whim, im a college kid paying for my own education with barley enough money to afford shells. Some people on this forum share valuable information, and thats awesome, others are more protective and thats very understandable. Ive had a trout stream or two ruined by an article or a forum post and its really a shame. All my hunting spots have been found thru fishing and diligent scouting not internet scouting! I was just a little upset because i almost didn't go due to the reports i was getting, but that just goes to show, you have to get out there and do it yourself. i apologize if i upset anyone, happy holidays!


and i'm a college drop out concrete worker living on unemployment and i can still afford to get out and scout.

it's not a big deal to ask what's frozen, but if you won't go out and scout, take the FREE info given at face value.

nice spelling btw :rolleyes:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Re: FROZEN?

Postby caddis1993 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:59 pm

you are 100% right, but its a tough decision between a tank of gas or ramen noodles for a week. Like i already said im sorry if i offended anyone, the earlier post made me look like a complete douche, which im not. You guys are also right about my first post being a question, its selfish to expect to take away something from a forum like this without giving. Im new to duck hunting and therefore cant offer much input on that subject, but i have no problems sharing information about the grouse hunting and fishing around Bozeman.
caddis1993
Newb
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: FROZEN?

Postby wingnutty » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:58 pm

There ain't nothing wrong with asking if a public body of water is frozen, I don't think anyone is upset at all about that, no issue there. It was your 2nd post which probably annoyed people.

I totally understand the poor college student thing. I was at MSU, fishing and duck hunting every spare moment about 10 years ago. Had some pretty decent spots there too, but most of them are painted orange now :sad: Amazing how much can change in 10 years.

Welcome to the forums. If you take the time to build some relationships here you will be rewarded.

Good first lesson and I certainly don't hold a grudge. :thumbsup:
wingnutty
hunter
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: MT

Re: FROZEN?

Postby montana quackhead » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Yes..the second post is what did it. Good luck this season Caddis and hope you get into some birds. We are all pretty friendly here, but can get a little perturbed by certain posts. :thumbsup:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Missoula

Re: FROZEN?

Postby TopWop » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:32 pm

I feel a group hug coming.... If anyone feels a hand where it shouldn't be,
that's Phutch.

I think we can stop throwing rocks at the Kid now.
User avatar
TopWop
hunter
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:54 pm
Location: Bozeman/3Ville

Re: FROZEN?

Postby Wild Bob » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 am

[quote="TopWop"]I feel a group hug coming.... If anyone feels a hand where it shouldn't be,
that's Phutch.

You guys are making me homophobic...I'll pass on the group hug thing. Not that I was asked anyway... :sad: LOL
Wild Bob
hunter
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Some where east of the continental divide but west of Roughrider Country

Re: FROZEN?

Postby phutch30 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Thats cause your still in the closet.

I also attended MSU a little more than 10 years ago....I always chose hunting over food. I lived by "be succesful or be hungry"
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
User avatar
phutch30
hunter
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: Section 5, T.7s, R.8w, MT

Re: FROZEN?

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Caddis, don't you have a meal plan or are you living off campus?
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Re: FROZEN?

Postby pmahler » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 pm

MT Fowler why dont you just settle down. The guy made an honest post of questions & doesnt need to be crucified for it....for christs sake he asked if a piece of water was frozen. Nobody is stealing anybody elses spots, everybody get off their proverbial soapboxes & have a great Xmas.

On another note, & in all honesty, anybody else noticing waaaaaaaay fewer birds flying around this time of year compared to years past? I am attributing this to incredibly mild weather, lack of snow up in southern Alberta so some of the birds havent even left yet, the recent full moon,...any other theories?

Welcome to the forum Caddis! Happy hunting
pmahler
hunter
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: FROZEN?

Postby wickedmfer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:39 am

I was thinking the same thing about the bird movement. Im still shooting some really young birds. I haven't seen any big v's heading south. I don't think the big push down has started yet.
"X" <-------Best Dog...........EVER!
User avatar
wickedmfer
hunter
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:17 am
Location: Townsend, MT

Re: FROZEN?

Postby MontanaMatt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 pm

When I was at MSU, I was a starving college student too. Lived off campus and if we didn't catch fish, we didn't eat. We got to be very good at catching large fish for the grill. It's amazing what a little hunger will teach a guy. Several spots within 10 miles of Bozeman that we could count on catching fish in the 3 - 6 lb range. But alas, they are all "orange" now too. I did have a meal plan for the 1st semester or so, but found that no food was sometimes better than dorm food. This was 35 years ago, and I have heard that the food on campus is much better now. Lucky bastards. Back then, for the most part the only food that was remotely edible was the cottage cheese. Can't live on that for long. Although that diet would probably prevent the dreaded "freshman 15" for sure.
MontanaMatt
hunter
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 am
Location: Bozeman Montana

Re: FROZEN?

Postby wingnutty » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:45 pm

When i was at MSU the male to female ration was terrible (I believe it was 57% male at the time). Every party was a stag fest :help: Therefore, I tended to focus even harder on fish and fowl than I would have if I had better opportunities to chase female tail around. Luck would have it that about 2 years after I left the ratio evened out significantly and now, from what I hear, it is much better than in the past.
wingnutty
hunter
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: MT

Re: FROZEN?

Postby MThuntr » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Wingnutty, it's always a sausage fest when you're around! Gotta get that "Blue Sky"! :yes: :beer:
MThuntr
hunter
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Central MT

Re: FROZEN?

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:31 am

pmahler wrote:On another note, & in all honesty, anybody else noticing waaaaaaaay fewer birds flying around this time of year compared to years past? I am attributing this to incredibly mild weather, lack of snow up in southern Alberta so some of the birds havent even left yet, the recent full moon,...any other theories?
I know we are taking this thread off topic but I can tell you that we are having the most horrible season in my 12 years here regarding the bird count...or lack thereof. And it's not just me. It's guys who have spent their whole life in this state. I am talking about the North Idaho Panhandle. Down South, they are killing it on the Snake River Plain. Did the birds overfly you and just head down to Southeastern Idaho?
HaydenHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:37 am
Location: Hayden, ID

Previous

Return to Montana Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests