Scouting Report....

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Scouting Report....

Postby TopWop » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

I have found the Birds, and I'll tell you EXACTLY where they are.

I just drove back to Montana from Tulsa OK. I didn't see many birds in OK.
I saw tons of of birds, ducks and geese around Hays Kansas all the way to the
Colorado Border. Saturday Morning just outside Denver along E-470, to I 25
near Barr Lake, the sky was black with ducks and Geese. Cut cornfields everywhere
and birds were in them. So there you go, that's where the birds are.

Who said you can't get good accurate information on the internet ? !
TopWop
hunter

Re: Scouting Report....

Postby phutch30 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 pm

I though you were gunna stop being a drug mule?
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 pm

I wish!! I could use some extra cash. I drove a woman, a newborn
and her two dogs to Billings from Tulsa. Awful,awful trip I don't suggest
it to anyone. I did get to go to Bass Pro shop in Tulsa though. I bought
a duck call I don't need or particularly like and some Uncle Bucks fry
mix.
TopWop
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Jesus Top, I would let a smelly drug lord pack my anal cavity full of heroin stuffed balloons and ride in the trunk of a 84 caprice with nine non english speaking individuals long before I would do the trip you made. Hope you at least got some "favors" out of the deal.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 pm

In other words an average Tuesday for Phutch.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Not unless you count a woman nursing in the back seat...
and I don't.
TopWop
hunter

Postby wickedmfer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Man I don't care if your passenger looks like ray's avatar, If she's got a newborn she needs to find another ride. Damn Im waayyy too old for that nonsense. On another note, Colorado isn't that far away. :thumbsup:
"X" <-------Best Dog...........EVER!
wickedmfer
hunter

Postby Deer Lodge Josh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm

I will add to the non MT scouting report. In the last two weeks I have been in 7 states and flying out friday for another 3. 2000 miles so far of just driving. easy to do when you start in FL and end up in chicago with a stop in springfield MO.

Now for the report. Almost not ducks until southern IL. Saw a couple black ducks in FL. always neat to see ducks we dont get in MT. Suprisingly few birds seen along the MS river. high water everywhere. Saw plenty of duck hunters saturday morning driving from Memphis up to MO. But not a duck seen in the air. Started seeing honkers on ponds in southern IL. Then nothing unitl I got to norther Chicago today. flooded corn had mallards in it. With the warm weather this week water is opening back up.

Looking forward to getting back to MT. But from hear straight to AZ. Then next week to CA for the wifes family for xmas. Though was nice walking the beach in FL last week with 82 degrees. And AZ and CA will be cool but no snow to shovel.

Hope some birds show up in MT before I get home. My last couple times out were okay (limits) but fewer birds than I am used to this time of year. The slough my friend has access too usually holds birds every 20 yds with plenty of decoying birds. Last time was luckly to have birds every 250yds and few birds in the air. Oh well as long as they are around the last 3 weeks of season for me.

Was interesting at bass pro in MO as they had ducks on the fish tanks. ruddys in one and wood ducks another. thankfully they didn't have any ducks in the alligator tank. Of maybey they did and it got hungry.

good luck hunting in MT and save a few birds for me. Have a great holiday season
Deer Lodge Josh
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 am

PTROOFER FTFOWLER wrote:Jesus Top, I would let a smelly drug lord pack my anal cavity full of heroin stuffed balloons and ride in the trunk of a 84 caprice with nine non english speaking individuals long before I would do the trip you made. Hope you at least got some "favors" out of the deal.

:lol3:

That must have been one hell of a trip!!!

Drove from Williston area down to Glendive and across yesterday..pathetic numbers. Seriously. Saw one significant flight of ducks in Bozeman and some :huh: geese in eastern MT. Not what I'm use to seeing. However, if you've got a spot to smack em', :thumbsup: .
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:08 am

Here is a out of state scouting report for ya, dover Delaware. Shot brant, buffalo heads and scoters yesterday. Going to get on some black ducks today. Tomorrow is a blind in a marsh with a bunch of canvasbacks, blue bills and pintails. Then if the ocean lays down a little tomorrow more brant and hopefully a old squaw.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby MTJoe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:49 pm

I have seen some geese in the fields here around FT Peck/Glasgow, but not seeing any ducks. :crying:
MTJoe
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:44 pm

PTROOFER FTFOWLER's report was way off. However we are Licensed to hunt half the east coast now so watch out.

62 degrees today!!!!!!
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby TopWop » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Phutch, Ray texted me and said he's tired of you stealing all the covers!!
Ray, Phutch doesn't want to shower with you anymore. Said he freezes his
*** off with you blocking the water.

Hope the trip is going well.
TopWop
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting