Sick of this stinkin warm weather

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Sick of this stinkin warm weather

Postby phutch30 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:47 am

Im so sick of this weather. Not just because all the ducks are scattered all over the Northern hemisphere, but its messing up my trapping too. This week Ive caught skunks and coons in my bobcat sets. These pests should be sleeping. Im also getting stressed about the ducks. No snow low to upper 40's all last week and this coming week. Darn birds arent here and the ones that are arn;t flying until just befor the end of legal or waiting till just after. :mad:
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: Sick of this stinkin warm weather

Postby MThuntr » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Not to mention it's not doing much good on the ice conditions for us Hard Water Trollers. Last year at this time, we had 18 inches of solid ice and yesterday we had 6. The bigger lakes are still dangerous to fish
MThuntr
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 pm

I was coyote hunting yesterday in an area that typically you need a snow machine to get around in and never saw more than 4" of snow. I also saw some numnut driving his truck on Clark Canyon Sat afternoon :no: be reading about him in the paper soon no doubt.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Screw you buddy if I want to drive on the ice then I will. Gots to get dem fish don't ya know.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby hntndux » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Same story here, some refuges are shooting but most of the clubs are dead..4 weeks of the same damn weather, hurry up storms..
hntndux
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 pm

We had about a week where it was finally game on but you had to be ok with divers mixed with your puddlers.

45 degrees at the boat ramp today...feels like early October...sucks. I think the vast majority of birds are still up in Canada.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 pm

I am getting used to the warm weather but today the wind was blowing fifty mph plus. What a pain in the rear. Lucky the ducks didn't seem to mind much, not full limits, but not too bad.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:03 am

We were shooting ducks as they flared up and they were getting blown 60-70 yards away. The wind was crazy for most of the day. Same thing the ducks were moving all day. They didnt decoy great but when they did it was sure fun.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:35 pm

yeah i'm sick of this tropical weather too, i pretty much gave up on killing anything about a month and a half ago.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting