This is the end

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

This is the end

Postby Fowl Intentions » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Last three days guys. I will be out giving it my all. It's been kind of a crappy season for me. Not the greatest numbers. But you can't have the good without the bad.

Good luck everyone!

cheers
erich
Fowl Intentions
hunter

Re: This is the end

Postby hntndux » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:58 am

Well when your done come to cali. and enjoy the end of our crappy year too.....
hntndux
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 am

It may be crappy there now but you guys have another 2 weeks of hope. Wouldnt take much to turn it on down there.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby hntndux » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Yeah, were hoping....suppose to be weather coming next week...we need to kill about 300 ducks though ....to get our monies worth!!! So far the 65 ducks we have cost $184.62 ea. do the math
hntndux
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 pm

ouch! Having been there I understand the lease thing, but man thats alot of money to shoot ducks. Cant say much with the traveling I do to shoot a duck it probably is close.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby MontanaMatt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Weather here next week too. Of course the season ends tomorrow. I am gonna go out tomorrow, but pretty much only to retrieve my decoys. I will sit in the blind for a few hours, but expect to have plenty of time to do whatever I want, as long as thats not shooting birds. Really miserable season for me. I think the dead duck count is less than 12. Total days in the blind is about 30 or so. Not gonna write home to mom about those averages. Good thing next season is only a few months away.
MontanaMatt
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting