As Expected given this front...

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Re: As Expected given this front...

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:32 am

O.K. Pulled from Commonwealth of Virginia regulations:

Residency Qualifications:
• Persons who have been a bonafide
resident of the city, county, or state for
six consecutive months immediately
preceding the date of purchasing a
license.
• Persons who have been domiciliary
residents of the state for at least two
months upon approval of a completed
affidavit to be furnished by the Game
Department.
• Legal voters in Virginia.
• Members of the armed forces if they
reside in Virginia and are on active
duty and are stationed at military
installations within, or on ships based
in, Virginia.
• Students (including non-resident students
boarding on campus) residing in
Virginia who are enrolled in bonafide
Virginia schools.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 am

Unless they have changed it. You can still be a resident of say Virginia if your a full time student in another state IF your paying non resident tuition there. So I think hes ok on that if hes a full time non resident student here as long as they were actual rewsidents of the state they claim residency in at the time they entered college.

I used to hunt all over the area near Blacksberg VA for Deer and Turkeys when my ex was attending Virginia Tech and I was in the Corp. There is a military base in that area that, at the time, only allowed active duty military to hunt it. It was SWEET.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby TopWop » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:45 pm

GThomp..... Are You Bonafide ?
TopWop
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Like I said, I don't really know how that works. Could be that way, just didn't see it in any of the regs. Either way not a huge concern to me, just keeping the only active thread on this board going.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby GThomp » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Keeping this going was half the point of my rant about out of staters getting all the blame for everything wrong with the state. Its also a soap box of mine, so it worked out.

Just to update all who followed this, i got a montana license today because i figured out my truck is in my dad's name, so i don't have to pay for the license plate. So i am now on my way to non-resident hunting license purchasing. It turns out the insurance got lowered as some my prior speeding indiscretions have been forgiven.
GThomp
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 am

Dont full time non resident college students qualify for a resident license
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby GThomp » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 pm

phutch30 wrote:Dont full time non resident college students qualify for a resident license

Not in reality. They make you buy an upland license, elk license, and buck and doe licenses all at the same time for around 200 bucks. The registrars office at MSU is also a pain to deal with, and i don't elk hunt. I only deer hunt occasionally for meat and shoot a doe if i know it is going to be easy. I'd like to get into elk hunting, but everyone is really territorial about their spots. I've not found anyone who wants to show me the ropes.
GThomp
hunter

Previous

Return to Montana Duck Hunting