Top carp

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Top carp

Postby phutch30 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:49 am

Me and a buddy went to Clark Canyon Sun for some bowfishing. I ended up with 20-25 carp and my buddy got 12 in the 10-20lb class. The highlight of the day was the hog I shot at about 10am. This fish was an easy 40lbs. I didnt weight it but it was 45 1/2 inches long and had a 31 inch girth. I planned on taking pics but in the battle to subdue it in the back of my boat someone suggested I bonk it with my fire extinguisher. Well while trying to do some bonking the extinguisher fired and coated the back of the boat and the carp with white powder. My buddy thought this was very funny until I mentioned that so far he hadnt put a fish in the boat but had in fact missed about 20 fish. Anyway a big carp fresh out of the water aint no pretty sight to begin with after getting coated with extinguisher powder and then cooking in the sun for 6 hours it was really ugly. So no pic just length and girth.
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting