Helena??

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Helena??

Postby huntfishnv » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Might be moving back to Montana by the end of summer, just wondering how the waterfowl hunting is in the area? Don't want any spots or anything, but should I sell my duck spread and try for geese, or divers? Is a boat needed to get to a lot of the areas? Im used to walking in to most of my spots in Nevada.If anybody wants to help me with some general advice that would be great. Thanks
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Re: Helena??

Postby Bulldog0156 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I live in Helena and walk to most of my spots. Gonna get on some fields as well this season hopefully!
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Around Helena lots of water hunting for mallards gaddys, teals, golden eyes. Field hunting geese can be good. Boat is not a must but is nice. been hunting the area for 10 years. access can be tough in some spots. give me a message if you want some more detailed info might be a few days before I get back to you.
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Can someone tell me where the line is between the central and pacific flyways is? I looked around the Game and Fish site but couldn't find what I was looking for. A link would be great also.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Theres a map in the waterfowl regs. showing the line and listing the counties that fall within the flyway.

The line runs along the eastern boundry of Park county. More or less between livingston and Big timber.

Pink is pacific and everything east (right) is central
http://montana.hometownlocator.com/maps ... c,park.cfm
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 pm

phutch30 wrote:Theres a map in the waterfowl regs. showing the line and listing the counties that fall within the flyway.

The line runs along the eastern boundry of Park county. More or less between livingston and Big timber.

Pink is pacific and everything east (right) is central
http://montana.hometownlocator.com/maps ... c,park.cfm

Thanks phutch, exactly what I was looking for.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting