Youth Opener

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Youth Opener

Postby scientia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Finally had the chance to take my son out for the youth opener this weekend (soccer tournaments the last two years conflicted so that we couldn't go). It was a great morning, saw lots and lots of birds (many of which were flying sky high due to the blue bird weather). He didn't end up getting any birds but he was able to take some shots and we worked on his shooting technique. Time to make time so that we can shot some clay pigeons.....
Scientia
scientia
hunter

Re: Youth Opener

Postby phutch30 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 am

I took out a couple Yutes on Sat. There was a lot of shooting but almost no birds were harmed, but fun was had by all. They ended up with 2 drake mallards and a hen pintail between them.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Took my cousin pheasant hunting, she's a little slow
on the trigger. We used her pound puppy as a flusher.
Half Beagle,half Lab...did a great job. Heck of a nose
on her.
TopWop
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:44 pm

My brother ended up with 2 BWT's, 1 mallard, 1 widgeon, and 1 gad. Should have filled out his limit and got a goose. Still fun though.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby Deer Lodge Josh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 pm

My friend made it out to my place to take his 12yr old son out for the Jr hunt saturday morning. I get everything set Friday so they were ready to go sat morning. Ducks were sparse but geese were flying all over and low. He ended up with two geese. Not a bad hunt as anytime you can get two geese it is a good day. Hope I am as lucky this saturday.
Deer Lodge Josh
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting