Anyone else about to burst?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Anyone else about to burst?

Postby MTJoe » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 pm

I have already had ducks and geese flying all over while upland hunting. My Weimer's cannot wait for that first duck or goose to hit the water! I was able to get a small 14ft boat this year, but it wont be ready for the season opener, I will keep plugging away at it! Any ideas or suggestions to paint to make it camo would be great.

Who else is ready for the Opener?! Let me know if anyone gets over towards the Milk River area, I will throw in with ya! :biggrin:
MTJoe
hunter

Re: Anyone else about to burst?

Postby pmarauder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:14 pm

I may be over that way sometime soon. I have a few relatives that live up north of Malta. Any Geese moving through the area?
pmarauder
hunter

Postby chaltig » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:53 am

I cant even wait! :drool:

I used Parker's paint on my boat.

here's a link to my build:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=186068
Field Staff Pacific Custom Calls
chaltig
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Im all ready. Just put 1500 birds off the puddle Im hunting in the am
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby shawdawg02 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:24 pm

phutch30 wrote:Im all ready. Just put 1500 birds off the puddle Im hunting in the am

Is that all, thought you would have at least 3000 scouted out. Sounds like you will need some help killing a few of those. I am excited to get out, however the dog is more so. She has been going nuts watching me get the dekes ready and blowing on my calls.
shawdawg02
hunter

Postby MTJoe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Yes, I have seen some good numbers of geese and ducks. I am heading out in the morning with my weimers, we are upland hunting to the water then Dutch and Sam get to play in the water!

Thanks for the link to the build!

Sunday I have a pal and I going out, he works at the Dam and has a lot of places all scouted out so I cant wait for back to back days outdoors!
MTJoe
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting