Snowies and Swans

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Snowies and Swans

Postby Force Fetch » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am

I had two reports this morning from the crew. Snowies and Swans in good numbers on Freezeout yesterday. The lake was frozen in the morning but opened up completely by the afternoon and it was in the 40's last night and the wind howled, whooda thunk. One group also took 8 canadas to go with their swans and a few greenies. I am headed there this afternoon.
Force Fetch
hunter

Re: Snowies and Swans

Postby phutch30 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:16 pm

weve had a large number of tundras through dillon. Not that many snows yet
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Wallinuts » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:02 pm

We currently have more swans in deer lodge valley than I have ever seen, but did not see any snows during my scouting expidition. I am having duck withdrawls, but my dog is in worse shape than me. She needs to get some duckin in.
Wallinuts
hunter

Postby chaltig » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 am

Saw a massive amount of snows, swans and mallards up in the Conrad area this past weekend
Field Staff Pacific Custom Calls
chaltig
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am

A quick update on Fairfield/Choteau area. My wife was up there yesterday,she is also a hunter, and she reports about 1/2 of the birds that were there this past weekend have packed up and left. While she was there they had a couple the thunder storms and buckets of rain. Most of the ponds on FO are open and waiting the next big migration. The warm weather is supposed to hold so we shouldn't have another freezup to make the birds pass on hanging around.
Force Fetch
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting