Nice Start to the New Year!

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Nice Start to the New Year!

Postby montana bound » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Went out late today because it was snowing , about 2 pm it stopped and the sun started to shine. I didnt think Id have any hits I just wanted to dust the snow off and freshen up the urine.
I checked a snare I have in a dry creek that passes under a fence, it was knocked out of the way.
The next set was a dirt hole, in the snow I could make out where the fox came up behind the backstop reached in and pulled out the jack rabbit fur that was bait.Then it did a little dance on the site and peed all over it.
The next stop was a snare, this educated Bi#$@% walked around the snare and from the side pulled it off its supports.
The tracks headed up the draw to where I caught the badger and where I had a dirt hole set.

Had her by the back foot, she must have got a little careless when she was dancing over this set peeing all over it.

This one has been a pain in my rear, very trap and snare educated. It feels oh so good to have her hanging in the shop. :grooving:
You get out of a dog , what you put into a dog!
montana bound
hunter

Re: Nice Start to the New Year!

Postby phutch30 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 am

Sweet! I usually call those smart kind of canines breeding stock. :biggrin:
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: Nice Start to the New Year!

Postby montana bound » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:32 am

Oh No!

I dont want anything like her breeding up here. I like the dumb as a stump kind, they make me look good and not like a idiot. :lol3:
You get out of a dog , what you put into a dog!
montana bound
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting