Duck Hunting Forum banner

Traveling decoy

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  PTROOFER FTFOWLER 
#1 ·
Hey guys-

This season i was hoping to arrange a traveling decoy aross different areas of the state. I was hoping that anyone who takes the decoy on a trip would include a story of their hunt and a photograph including the decoy. At the end of the season i would make copies of all photos and stories of each hunt, and send them to anyone who participated. The decoy will start with me in miles city and will then be traveling to billings. I was hoping to arrange the rout from there with the final hunt back in miles city or billings.I have several great spots that I would welcome anyone to join me in returning the decoy. Any thoughts, suggestions, or hunters interested please comment.

#5 ·
Thanks for the help. If linking up is an issue Im willing to mail it with a check to pay for returning it as well. It has a trip to Oregon and CA in December so I was hoping Phutch can take it in Nov and maybe send it you way Big Sky? like I said ill inclued all funding for postage.

#8 ·
I can grab it from Pete on one of his trips through Deer Lodge and add the upper clark fork valley for the decoy. Will get some good photos of it out on my place. I am sure it will have some good stories to go along with it. Hope it doesn't look too real. Came to blind one afternoon last fall to see a teal deke up in a bush by the pond. Darn eagle of hawk nailed it (dropped it quick) but always interesting.

#14 ·
I have a epic coot slaughter planned, it can come with me then. I have eight egyption teak coot decoys, carved by a distant realitive of German SS soldier that he can jump in with. If you send him with Phutch, make sure any holes in the back half of the decoy are plugged or Phutch will plug them for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.