3 days and a really early wake up till duck season

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

3 days and a really early wake up till duck season

Postby phutch30 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:33 am

Man can you belive its almost here. 3 days to go. I cant wait. I bet I am the only one on this forum thats going out Sat right? LOL. Once its open then its only a few months until the really fun hunts begin. Heres some fuel for the fire.

phutch30
hunter

Postby Duck Runner » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:58 am

Well, I for one and not headed out Saturday. Decided to take the wife to Spokane for the weekend - makes me look good for missing the opener and I don't have to deal with the crowds on opening weekend, or for you guys I won't have to add to it! You can thank me while you are posting pictures from your hunt! Have a great opener everyone! I will be thinking of you all. :getdown:
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby Fredito » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:46 am

Im going to have to join duck runner in helping to keep it from overpopulating with hunters....you guys can thank me later....good luck everyone :salude:
Fredito
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:55 am

I haven't been able to get a full night's sleep for the past week. Come on Sat already :welcome:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:19 pm

Fredito, you might as well write off the whole season.I am sure your soon to be new wife already has a busy schedule planned for your fall. You may not know about her "Honey Do" list but she has one. Dont worry though Mark, Jeff , me and all the other forum members will be sure to post plenty of pics to help you over come your hunting withdrawls....Well some of us will post pics. Who knows about Jeff. I dont know if Ill be able to hunt with him.He did get fired as one of our moderators after all. LOL. My offer is always open, just let me know when.

I hear ya wingnutty. I just wish I still didnt have an elk tag. It could cut into my duck hunting time.

Paul
phutch30
hunter

Postby marcbme » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:06 pm

Is that THIS weekend? Dang, been so possesed cleaning, building, organizing, buying, dreamin', training, practicing, scouting, and wife-bribing for the past 6 weeks I hardly knew when the opener was.

Good luck everyone......
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Good Luck

Postby h20fowler_3 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:14 pm

Hey guys good luck out there in Big Sky country. Protect the no fly zone.. I wish I was out there killing ducks. [/img]
h20fowler_3
hunter

Postby CORam » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:22 pm

I've been coming to this site more and more as the season opener gets closer because I'm getting so anxious.

phutch30, is that a spring creek in your picture or is that before everything froze over?
CORam
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:16 pm

CORam-I could tell ya but then Id have to kill ya.LOL Actually its a little honey hole that at times is loaded with birds. Its in Dec if that helps.

heres a couple more hunts at that little jewel
Me and "Harts" dog...Hart

And a late season hunt 2 years ago. Rough day for hens
phutch30
hunter

Postby CORam » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Yeah, I wasn't asking where it was, I was just wondering how there was no ice. I don't expect anyone to tell me where they hunt. :thumbsup:

It looks like an awesome spot though. I wouldn't ever tell anyone about it, those spots are precious around here.
:salude:
My blood runs Red, White, and Blue...
CORam
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:49 am

only hours left not and i have been counting the days down from over 200 it is going to be awsome i have been out building blinds for two days peace out and everyone have a safe day
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby Hart » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:48 am

HEY THAT'S MY DOG IN THAT PICTURE. HOW DID YOU GET MY DOG. Oh ya I was there LOL ! This getting older thing is plain hell. Good days are coming Hutch. Tomorrow can't come to soon but the real fun starts in December and January with those big fattie greenheaded son of a guns. Meet you at Costco 4am. Don't be late, Mark
Hart
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting