Awsome goat hunt in Eastern MT

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Awsome goat hunt in Eastern MT

Postby phutch30 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:45 am

I just got back from the annual antelope hunt in E.MT. Man the goats were thick. From one ridge I glassed 223 antelope. In a day and a half I looked over somewhere around 150 bucks between 13-16". My buddy was getting bored (he tagged out 10 min after we started hunting with a 14"+ goat). I was lookig for the whole package and wasnt going to settle....at least at first. I missed one goat that was probably 16" with good mass and paddles and then missed ( both shots were in windy conditions) a long 350+ yard shot at a 14-14 1/2 goat with great mass and great paddles and then got mine on the second day. He is 14 5/8 x 14 1/4 with 7" bases. He doesnt have good paddles, they are only 4 1/2" but he is really wide (16 1/2") which I though was cool. But with the mass, width and height he was a shooter. If he had better paddles he would have been really close to making the B&C book. He scores 77", book is 80. He works for me.

We also did some duck and turkey hunting while we were there. 2 turks and 4 redheads.

[/img]
phutch30
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 pm

As usual, nice critter's. Went out duck hunting Sunday and scored 4 greenheads, 2 gads, and 1 (not to be spoke of Hen Mallard). Surprising results for where I was hunting. Went with Fred and I let him tell his story. :yes: :laughing:
fun4jake
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting