Awsome goat hunt in Eastern MT

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Awsome goat hunt in Eastern MT

Postby phutch30 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:45 am

I just got back from the annual antelope hunt in E.MT. Man the goats were thick. From one ridge I glassed 223 antelope. In a day and a half I looked over somewhere around 150 bucks between 13-16". My buddy was getting bored (he tagged out 10 min after we started hunting with a 14"+ goat). I was lookig for the whole package and wasnt going to settle....at least at first. I missed one goat that was probably 16" with good mass and paddles and then missed ( both shots were in windy conditions) a long 350+ yard shot at a 14-14 1/2 goat with great mass and great paddles and then got mine on the second day. He is 14 5/8 x 14 1/4 with 7" bases. He doesnt have good paddles, they are only 4 1/2" but he is really wide (16 1/2") which I though was cool. But with the mass, width and height he was a shooter. If he had better paddles he would have been really close to making the B&C book. He scores 77", book is 80. He works for me.

We also did some duck and turkey hunting while we were there. 2 turks and 4 redheads.

[/img]
phutch30
hunter

Postby fun4jake » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 pm

As usual, nice critter's. Went out duck hunting Sunday and scored 4 greenheads, 2 gads, and 1 (not to be spoke of Hen Mallard). Surprising results for where I was hunting. Went with Fred and I let him tell his story. :yes: :laughing:
fun4jake
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting