Never hunted in my life!!!

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Never hunted in my life!!!

Postby GeeGriz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi, DHC MT chapter. I've killed squirrels, jack- rabbits, frogs, possums, armadillos, all going about 55 mph down the highway. I have never shot a single animal with a firearm. I'm 25 and dammit this is the year I start bringing the pain. I drove down the road to Clinton and picked up about 2-dozen really crappy decoys that I'm just going to have to work with. They came pre-strap weighted and also got a used duck call with some sort of whistle call as well. I float a lot of the rivers around here because I also fly-fish so I've been gettin SOME scouting in. My question is when I start sky-bustin around Missoula I hope it's legal. Looks like they've changed a lot of the FAS over to non-hunting/ firearm restricted. Can I still just walk down far enough to where they don't mind?? I mean come on where is a man suppose to shoot some ducks around here?? Any pointers at all will help me out, I am not opposed to having a fellow newbie or veteran duck killer come along. I've got a rig that will get us there just not in style. Also, any other general first time duck/geese hunting tips as well.
GeeGriz
hunter

Re: Never hunted in my life!!!

Postby Wild Bob » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm

"Bringing the pain" ?

Ya need some ibuprofen man?
Wild Bob
hunter

Location: Some where east of the continental divide but west of Roughrider Country

Re: Never hunted in my life!!!

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Shoot a PM to a guy on here nicknamed TopWop, he isn't very experienced either and maybe you two can learn together.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting