Dog with a broken tooth?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Dog with a broken tooth?

Postby BznBlackDog » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:10 pm

Hey Guys!

I am new to the forum so first of all "Hello". I have been reading up on the past posts and see that alot of you have labs. I too have a lab and while on hunt last weekend he managed to break off one of his lower canines basically in half down to the pulp/root. The vet today said to "wait and watch" but was wondering if anyone out here has had to have any doggy dentistry done on their dogs? I would be interested in who did the work and how your dog took to it?

Much Appreciated !!
BznBlackDog
hunter

Postby quackpipe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:27 pm

I was throwing a ball to my labs 2 months ago when they both went for the ball in the air at the same time. they collided in mid air and one lost 3 completely and one was broken in half. They were the teeth in between the canines. The other dog lost one tooth on the top of her mouth it was a clean break too. The vet charged me 100 bucks to pull the half broken one from my male so it did not rot. They seem to be fine with it and the vet said that he wouldnt even give them any pain medication. My roommate let his dogs broken canine wait and it was a bad idea. The tooth turned green and started to smell like fermenting goat. I dont think his bill was more than 100 bucks, but to have to smell that breath was horrid.
quackpipe
hunter

Postby BznBlackDog » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:57 pm

Thanks Quack!

I will probably get it pulled when the season winds down here in a few weeks. Its been fine so far but dont want any trouble later
BznBlackDog
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting