Will the new Wal-Mart in the Bitterroot be built on wetlands

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Postby Troutslayer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:53 pm

Wal-Mart has a long standing and tragic policy of building it's stores on wetlands. Sam Walton figured out long ago that it was cheaper to backfill critical waterfowl habitat than to aquire land that was presently buildable. Wal-Mart has long been a leader in wetland destruction in this country. Will the new WalMart be built in this tradition? Shame on Bitterrooters for not voting that thing down. I guess when you fill a whole valley with Californians you're asking for something like this.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:11 pm

Yeah, I can't agree more! What a beautiful spot for a huge walmart, right on the banks of Blodgett Creek and the Bitterroot river :pissed:

As a native 'rooter I say with great pain, "the valley is ruined and is an embarassment to me and everything I stand for". The heart of the root is now big money. Its one step from suburbia and in 10 years it'll be nothing but subdivisions. That's the truth, plain and simple. The river is hardly fishable in the summer now with all the nonstop driftboats, ect.

I'll end up in Montana in a few years, but it'll be about as far from Hamilton as I can possible be. That's saying a lot since my family still lives there and I have many, many close friends living there :thumbsdown:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby quack_attack83 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:02 am

Its truely sad when more people won't stand up what is truely right in the area. All to much anymore people want what might sound the best.
quack_attack83
hunter

Postby quackpipe » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:26 pm

Victory team Babylon! :help: :thumbsdown:
quackpipe
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting