Duck or goose Hunting

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Duck or goose Hunting

Postby wsdtcba » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:13 am

I would like to know where I can go to hunt ducks and geese. I live in Manhatan, and would like to get more than zero,one, or two ducks a hunt. It seems that most "good" hunting is on private land. I hear that can be expensive. My brother is coming in for Thanksgiving, and I would like to take him out on a hunt. I would like to stay within 1 to 2 hours of home. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
wsdtcba
Newb

Postby dukhnter7 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:44 am

Check in at the Montana state forum down the page a little. I'm sure someone there can point you in the right direction. :welcome:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby wingnutty » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:54 pm

Bro, getting specific info on a message board is just not gonna happen (thankfully). Not trying to be a jerk, but everyone on here has been burned by giving out info and most of us don't give out specifics anymore.

That being said, I don't mind helping people out either. Since I have no idea where you have been hunting it makes it tough though. I assume you've been hunting the Gallatin near Manhatten? I never had great luck down there, not sure why, but even during freezeup I would often not do too well :thumbsdown:

I might be able to help you a little bit, but again, don't expect specific spots cause I will never tell you where the X is. pm me if you want some leads though :thumbsup: Best of luck to ya.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby marcbme » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:41 am

Hunting Canyon Ferry is always a good bet. Expecially the ponds area.
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Great hunting

Postby wsdtcba » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:47 pm

Thanks to all of you for the advice. The hunting was good. I am ready to go out right now.. Thanks again
wsdtcba
Newb

Return to Montana Duck Hunting