Duck Hunting Forum banner

AK Ducks

933 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  phutch30 
#1 ·

Had a great time with my oldest boy in Kodiak. The locals say these little Harlequins are made of Titainium because they are almost bullet proof. They are tough little buggers that perfer an 8' chop slapping against some rocks over calm seas. The Old Squaws are even tougher. They stay out in the big water. When I say big water I mean BIG WATER. I never got a shot at one because of heavy winds everyday. Shot Common and Surf Scoters and a ton of (you guessed it) Mallards as well. I brought some prime drake Scoters and Harleys home for mounting. Definately headed out there again next year for a buck and duck combo on the south end of the island. We were going to head there this year but the weather kept us hunting closer to town. That limited our bear opportunities as well but there is always next year. Off for some Montana green in the morning. Good hunting and have a great Thanksgiving, Mark

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.