Teller Refuge

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Teller Refuge

Postby marcbme » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:20 pm

I hear the shootin' is excellent there. Any opinions before I waste a da there?

Thanks ahead

Marc
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:20 pm

sometimes it is ok, sometimes it sucks terribly. Hit or miss most of the time. I'd say I do poorly at least 1/2 the time or more, but sometimes I do well.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby quackpipe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:31 pm

I hunted teller and was the 4th group of the year to go out for pheasents and it was pretty good. I also lucked into going for the first cold blast we had a few weeks ago for ducks and shot 18 or so with 3 people. We hunted the North Blind I think it is called on the creek. I would not hunt the field blind if I did not have to. The south blind on the creek is good also. The blinds are better than the junk show at metcalf, but are a little small. I would suggest volunteering a day or so on the refuge and they will give you a special status so that if you call in to go hunting you dont have to do it a week in advance like the general public who has not volunteered. That is the best way to get there when the weather is right. I think the girls name is amy moneith that works at teller and sets up volunteer programs.
quackpipe
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting