Time to Hunt ducks

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Time to Hunt ducks

Postby nemont » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:10 pm

Now that big game season is done with I can concentrate of waterfowl some more. I didn't even fill any of my big games tags this year and I couldn't be happier with the season. I got to play guide for my two girls as they hunted deer and antelope and were successful!!!

My 12 year old's first big game critter

and her first deer.

My oldest's buck (her 3rd in 3 year)

Anyway I decided that the big game season was a success and Saturday morning headed out to the duck blind with some buddies. The day was COLD and WINDY, perfect duck hunting weather. Got set up and as my two buddies were answer the call of nature a single goose decoyed and I dropped in to discover that it was a lone Speck. Cool. End with a three man limit of mallards (14 drakes and a Suzy that I swear changed sex as she fell out of the sky) and three geese (two hutchies and a speck)

Nemont
nemont
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:26 pm

Man I hate it when the hens change as soon as they are hit. My hunting partner, Hart, thinks its funny. Like you, I also like to bury them in a pile of drakes as comoflage.
phutch30
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:58 pm

Simply amazing! What a state you guys call home, what a state!!

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting